YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Have seen mumblings on another (lesser!) web-board that Eccleston Delph is being developed into a dive centre. There is a website on the subject but info seems sketchy. Bearing in mind I live in Huddersfield which is as far from open water as you could possibly get in the UK (I spent 3 hrs driving to and 3 hrs returning from Vivian quarry on Saturday just to get a couple of dives in!!), a dive centre in Eccleston would be ideal for me (and most other Yorkshire divers!). Just wondering if any of you have any news on this?

Regards

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

Reports indicate its filling up supposedly 16m at moment.
Consensus of opinion from those who have dived it, seems to be little theres little see at moment just a few newts.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Newts NEWTS!! yer don't got proper newts these days... naay... Now when I were a lad.. newts were NEWTS! Thar could climb ont toperem ant ride buggers to school.. we ad to, couldn't afford bikes... In fact.. we'd never eard of bikes...

(Edited by Dave Williamson at 7:42 am on May 15, 2002)

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Imported post

Of course, back then we didn't call 'em Newts, they were called Velocipedes and were a kind of chinz colour as was the fashion of the time - shit, need to get that prescription refilled again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts