YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
You dir'ty ole' man!!!!!
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's rack your brains time for all you groovy music lovers out there and help me out with a request.

An old school mate of mine and his missus are coming to ours for the Easter Weekend and as well as having great food, drink and banter we usually have a musical evening (seeing as we're all into great music). We always pick different themes to our musical choices just to see what comes up and we usually end up with a few good surprises. :teeth:

So, this weekends theme is "One Hit Wonders!" Hopefully to get some really wierd and even obscure choices and that's where I thought you all could help.

Rack your brains and gimme your best shot with your wackiest tracks. Plus what would be good is if you can let me have a copy of the track as we have to play them (providing you have a copy, so I guess a PM will be the best way to organise this).

I've got allsorts coming to mind and hopefully you great YD'ers will too. :teeth:

Cheers.....Graham

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
Chesney Hawkes - I am the one and only

·
Please delete all my posts
12,604 Posts
Midge Ures favourite australian- Joe dolce: shaddup you face.

·
9,371 Posts
Of course a one hit wonder can be classified as a band which had one song reach number 75 in the charts for one week... there have been a few over the years which fit this criteria too... I keep meaning to do a show on my hospital radio station using those one day...

·
9,371 Posts
I preferred it in German.... 99 Luft ballons or something like that :)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
A couple of corkers:

The Goodies: Funky Gibbon
Jasper Carott: Funky Moped
Mudd: Tiger feet
EMF: Unbelievable
OPM: Heaven is a Halfpipe

*bows* why thank you.
Not sure this counts either as their album, Schubert Dip, was pretty big!

Cheers/Nic

·
Guru
7,112 Posts
Steve Harley - Come Up And See Me
not exactly his only hit - but the only one that anyone remembers and a crackin record
"Away, away...." :D

1 - 20 of 90 Posts