YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Madame Wheelie-Bin
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Evening!

An update! I did it! I breathed under water again. The first time after the panic attack and rapid ascent.

Ok, so it was only in the pool, but, for me, it was a big thing. All day I've had butterflies. If anyone's had a panic attack at 20 metres or more will know what it feels like. I kitted up (in my NEW kit ;) ), looked at Scubee, and went for it. My weight was ok, signalled I was descending and then sat on the bottom.

Yep, my eyes were wide. Felt VERY odd, and I could feel the adrenalin pumping, but calmed myself a bit and then bimbled with the biggest cheesiest grin you've ever seen! :teeth: In fact, it's still there. I can't tell you how good it feels.

I'm sure some may be thinking "WTF - she's only been in the pool", but for me it was a big thing!

I'm going to name some names now, cos although LOTS of YDers have been supporting me via the forum and PM's and things, there have been some who have really gone out of their way to help me get through this, despite hardly knowing me, and I think they deserve acknowledging. The only problem with this is if I miss anyone off!!! If I do will you forgive me, pleeeeeeze!?!? :embarassed: And this is in no particular order!

Southern_Dave. You truly are the best mate a girl could ever want. :girlhug:

Sixsquid. Yeah I know you've pinched my hoover, but hey, you're a great listener and friend!

PV. For organising my birthday and now this Friday! Thanks! Can't wait to be your buddy on Friday. Are you really always happy?!!!

Eeyore. My god, I've never spoken to anyone calmer about diving than you! Fanks a lot!

PeeBee. For being you!!!!!

And last, but not least, Scubee and Mr Scubee for being there for me tonight, for hugging me when I needed a hug.

And with Gwyneth Paltrow tears in my eyes, I bid you good night (well, once I've got the kit out of the car, that is!)

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Well done, Julie. Very nice, shiny kit :) I have to say that a nice clear pool was a much better idea than Wraysbury for testing new kit after the last few weeks, and I am glad i could be there, even if you didn't actually need me to do anything.

See you Friday!

·
nearly new member.
411 Posts
Awesome news - HD - and the new kit worked well
I hope :)

now here's to Friday and the sea - everything will be fine
now you have your confidence again -

wish I could be there on Friday but another time

bye for now
Jackie

green incoming

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,983 Posts
As per text, fantastic Julie and
W ELL DONE :D

Have a brilliant time in Swanage and give a hug from me to anyone who deserves it :teeth:

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Well done Julie,

A very wise man once said that even the longest journey began with but a single step. I think you have taken that step and are back on the road.

Well done.

Noel.

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Hooray!!! Well done missus. Now all we have to worry about is taming our unruly hair and keeping our waterproof mascara in check.

Can I rub some muck in your new kit to give it a bit of cred?

:teeth: :girlhug: xxxxxxxxx

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.