YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
'Caribbean' Ian
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Just a quick note 'bout me;

Based in Kent, been diving for about a year now started with PADI OW then on to AOW with photography and dry suit specialities.

Got 104 dives under me belt mainly in the Red Sea with a few at Stoney (gotta learn somewhere!) and a few in Oz.

Got a bit hacked off with BSAC divers looking down their noses at me in the Red Sea, so my latest theory is f**k PADI and BSAC and all the rows it brings (I thought you were never meant to mention Religion, Politics etc.., but PADI vs BSAC can also be added to the list!). So with this in mind on my last trip to Sharm I took my first step on the TDI ladder and am looking to go down this route from now, my goal for this year being to achieve Extended Range diver and start doing some uk diving.

Off to Stoney again this weekend to test my drysuit so if you see my silhouette pull my fin and say hi.

Cheers

ps I'm not knocking either PADI or BSAC, just want something different!  

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Well-in mate and get in amongst it here at YD!

If you're feeling up to it after your dry-bag course, get yourself along to the Mass Stoney Gig we're having on Sat Feb 21st! Over 100 of us going to date! See Planned Trips, the first item in the threads and let me know if you want adding to the list? Even if you'e not diving, it'll be a good opportunity to come and put faces to names and meet the Troops.

Hopefully see ya there.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Welcome to YD - I know you'll enjoy the site. As you live in Kent you'll know there's lots of good diving off Dover and many YDers are now using Andy's boat "Taurus". You'll see it mentioned a lot on this site.

Check it out and meet up with us.

Safe diving.

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Well 104 dives in your first year is good going. You're obviously very keen or have nothing else to do!

You'll have noted that the PADI v BSAC v ANYBODY thing just isn't an issue here, so you're most welcome!

·
'Caribbean' Ian
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

SV650S at the mo, had an R6 but started commuting and my wrists started squeeling like a little piggie!

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi again Gityer..sumfink,

Nice to see you on here. As Bren has said, gityerseldowntostoneyon21stFeb. There does appear to be loads of dovers down your way. I'm sure you'll find some YDers to hook up with very soon. Safe diving and see you soon eh?

Dave c

·
'Caribbean' Ian
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

May well see you there, the missus is off to Jamaica for 3 weeks so i'll have no excuses...... only money!

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hiya mr SV rider

Welcome to YD, like others have said plenty of dives down this way & ya most welcome to book a place on the Taurus anytime, we have all levels and experience of divers , so even if you only have 5 dives you will feel at place and comfortable here.

Andy

GSX750 rider and stunt puller

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

Hiya!

You do realise that people are going to abbreviate your name to 'Git', don't you?  

I'm a southerner too (London/Surrey) and occasionally wind up in Dover so we may well cross paths at some point.

Cheers,
Tom

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Hi Git'

Welcome to the boards. May see you around Dover sometime as we are out of there lots.

Check out our web site for deails:- Canterbury Divers

Regards

Paul

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

What PADI BSAC thing?

It's not the organisations, it's just some of the people. Hope you find what your looking for in TDI, Ive got qualifications from all three and soon you'll be sick of folk who won't give you the time of day unless you have at least two 7L side mounts! Stay with YD and you won't go far wrong.

James

1 - 14 of 14 Posts