YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Shipwrecked & Comatose, drinking fresh mango juice
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>I've remarked on this in another thread but having spent another fruitless round of phone calls trying to find out where my regulators are I'm getting really fed up and I want to sound off about it.

[rant]
I sent my regs to Apeks for a service, and whilst they were there I asked them to change the A-clamp for a 300bar Din fitting.  I had previously had an email from a nice lady called Gill Hook at Apeks giving me a price and telling me they would be back in a week.

Well, partly true.  Apeks did their stuff then (within the week promised) called me last Thursday to say that they were on their way back to me.

Over a week has passed, yet I do not have my regulators.

I called Apeks on Wednesday to see where they were.  I received a call back from ANC Preston saying that the driver in Harlow had tried to deliver but couldn't find the house.

I'm repeating myself here, but finding houses must be quite core to the service a courier company provides.  Not being able to find houses would put a crimp on your business plans, I'd have thought.  The problem with my house is that there is a gap in the road where other numbers have been allocated - so I live at number 121, my immediate semi-attached neigbour is number 119 and then about 200 yards down the road is number 77, 75, etc to number 1.  So I can picture the scene as the driver drives along the road: "71, 73, 75, 77, bit of grass, give up".   I would add that it's not a dead end road, there are more houses further up.

Anyway, I'm deeply fed up 'cos my regs aren't home yet and they are too small to look after themselves in the big wide world on their own.  I've threatened to sue ANC for the inconvenience they have caused me, and now I'm more than a little scared to go home as my wife has waited in for the last 3 days without so much as a trip to the shops in case the driver was waiting for that moment to call, and after 3 days in the house with 2 kids her normally pleasant demeanour has eroded slightly leaving me to face the bitch queen from hell.
[/rant]

·
Registered
320 Posts
Imported post

Funny you should now mention this as I'm intending sending my regs (thought they where open Saturday but apparently not) next week for a service and a A-clamp to DIN conversion....might have to speak to Gill again!

I had a few issues with the post office before
 regarding this kind of thing, apparently it is the senders responsibility to insure the goods are receipted by the person(s) intended and not yours to chase them, therefore my beef would be with APEKS, if the current delivery service is ineffective in getting the items to you then APEKS should use an alternate method, in your case.  Seems a shame as I always thought they're customer service was good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts