YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive just had a phone call from the hospital saying I now have a bed ready for me to go for my operation on my foot (yes...that broken foot...that is still broken from back in February...).

So again, no diving...Im glad I managed 2 dives on Wednesday whilst I could. I think Im going to have to cancel the Dive Leader course as I just wont be deemed fit to dive by the army doctor.

Anyhoos, I go into hopsital tonight, operation tomorrow, out (hopefully) on Tuesday and with a bit of luck Ill finally be on the road to recovery and Ill be fit and running again in a couple of months time.

Adios Amigos...

Ax :star:

·
Apprentice houseplant
988 Posts
All the best, I'm sure it will all go fine and you'll be back diving sooner than you think!

Good luck :)

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,983 Posts
Good luck Amy

I'm sure all will be well and take the time you need to recover properly. The affects of an anaesthetic hang around for a while. Well they certainly seem to when you get older :eek:mg: Mind you, that may have been the morphine :p

·
Apprentice houseplant
988 Posts
and he'll get the oversized middle-aged male nurse to sort it out ;)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Good luck!

Good luck with the op Amy

I am also going under the knife this week for a hernia op. I've been waiting for about 7 months and will be out of action for 12 weeks.

The female doctor who gave me my pre-op assesment last week was a real babe. Whooooooaaa!!

Shame i'll be asleep when she has her hands on me.

Balders.

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Good luck with your operation and recovery.

Safe diving,
Steve

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i must be a class a saddo. im in my hospied on yd! still havent had my operation yet! i was due to have in yesterday but it got cancelled at 6pm! i was nil by mouth from 6am and ive not even been allowed breakfast today! im starving! im on a ward with a 90,73 and an 80 year old! much fun! anyways, this will be costing me a fortune! Tara for now,aimz xx

·
The man who makes nice "SHINY" things
1,706 Posts
Good luck with the operation Amy when it comes around, dont go and fall over on those crutches and break the other one then you will have a matching pair.

Best wishes

John

·
For some bizarre reason....
6,297 Posts
well i must be a class a saddo. im in my hospied on yd! still havent had my operation yet! i was due to have in yesterday but it got cancelled at 6pm! i was nil by mouth from 6am and ive not even been allowed breakfast today! im starving! im on a ward with a 90,73 and an 80 year old! much fun! anyways, this will be costing me a fortune! Tara for now,aimz xx
Probably got cancelled at the last minute 'cos one of the theatre staff had a non-specific episode of chest pains - eh Odin?

Not to worry, I expect it'll be like London Buses - three will come along eventually! (you'd better do a foot count when you come round....)

Nil by mouth - you're sure you're at hospital, not weight watchers??

LOL, Paul

PS hope it all goes smoothly, and you have a speedy recovery.

·
Mark Milburn
4,076 Posts
I hope it all goes well Amy.

Mine is a little sore after Sunday, but feels really good today!!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks guys! ill try not to break the other one! as for nil by mouth...its because im having geneal anasthetic apaently it makes u sick. oh wll...ill just have to luck forward to tuna mayo sarnies when i come out tonight, ill have missed supper! aimz xx

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok so this sucks! i did not get told til 9 last night that my op was cancelled yet again. had kfc brought to me by my friends. felt very ill after 24 hrs of famine...went to sleep...woke up...nil by mouth again...anestesist came to visit...due in a 3pm for the op...an hour later some doc comes and says that i might not need the op...tells me that i should have a ct scan instead...and i can eat. i have breakfast then get told that im still on the list for the op and im nil by mouuth again...and also still having the scan. i think they are jing to make surgery lists shorter!!! aghhh im getting slightly fed up and very hungry and thirsty!!! im a walking (ish) zombie from being so low in vitamins etc...i wish i could just go diving tonight!!!enjoy yor days everyone!!!Axxx

·
R.I.P.
5,709 Posts
ok so this sucks! i did not get told til 9 last night that my op was cancelled yet again. had kfc brought to me by my friends. felt very ill after 24 hrs of famine...went to sleep...woke up...nil by mouth again...anestesist came to visit...due in a 3pm for the op...an hour later some doc comes and says that i might not need the op...tells me that i should have a ct scan instead...and i can eat. i have breakfast then get told that im still on the list for the op and im nil by mouuth again...and also still having the scan. i think they are jing to make surgery lists shorter!!! aghhh im getting slightly fed up and very hungry and thirsty!!! im a walking (ish) zombie from being so low in vitamins etc...i wish i could just go diving tonight!!!enjoy yor days everyone!!!Axxx
Good old NHS managers i suspect.....Took me 4 days to get my op, when i was told it needed doing within 12 hours!

Good luck Amy.......

1 - 20 of 22 Posts