YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

What do you think of the offer 1 here, does it seem like a good package for someone just starting up in diving?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Imported post

Hi Andrew,

I think this looks like a good deal, it will save you faffing around with hire kit and you will feel much more comfortable in your own kit.  The free MTM bit for the Dry-suit is excellent, although to be honest I don't know anything about the quality of Roho suits (little help).  The computer is very good and simple to use and you will grow into it as it is nitrox compatable, so you won't need to change that for about 3 or so years.  The BC is excellent I can testify to that coz I have one.  The only thing that I have a reservation about is that the Octo is not as good as the main DV.  Like a few people I have my kit rigged so that the DV in my mouth is that one that is donated and I then use reserve DV.  I personally want one of the same quality going into my gob.

One last thing to consider is that LIDS is not far away and you can get some cracking deals there, I am sure that everyone on here will tell you what to look out for and what to avoid.

HTH

Ian Daly

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

Hello Andrew, I must admit I'm a big fan of second hand stuff of which there is plentyabout.  however, if you choose to go for the ROHO stuff then give us a sjhout.  come to the shop with me and we may get you a bit knocked off as i know them quite well, plus my bro works there.

·
Killed in the line of Duty. RIP.
173 Posts
Imported post

I'm with Andy on this one, buy 2nd hand if you don't have need for the interest free offers. You will get better kit for a lot less, just look on the net for various sites. Know what price stuff should be and pay about half price

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Thanks for your comments, the problem I forsee with second hand gear (especially suit and bcd) is that I am 6'4", have size 13 feet, and weigh in at 19 stone so i may have to get a suit made to measure.

ps Ian - what or where is LIDS ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Imported post

Hi Andy,
The offer youve seen isnt a bad one, the Bc's top notch, not keen on the fins (actually  i think their crap!) the computers ok but i would rather i was an aladin, as for the suits thre well made and V.dry (always a good sign on a dry suit!)had mine a while now with no problems at all.
the made to measure bit make a big difference over other suits ive had "off the peg"
oh almost forgot - i work at roho on saturdays! so pop in theres not a problem changing stuff in the package so you can get rid of the gash fins too!

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hi Andrew,

LIDS = The London International Dive Show.

Hope that helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts