YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

hi folks
         just looking for any opinions on jax orthodontic mouthpieces,I have atx 200 regs,and I find that the original mouthpiece tends to slip after a while underwater,and I wondered if trying one of these would help.
                  cheers
                           Fraser

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>As it happens just fitted one yesterday. I've been using a Seacure mouthpiece (which is mouldable in the same way) for a few months and been most happy. The Jax one (though I haven't used it in the water) feels even more comfortable than that, as the material is a little softer.

I'd say give it a go!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>got one at dive show and don't really like it. seem to have to bite hard to stop water getting into mouth. fair enough when you open your mouth it sticks to your top teeth but when diving it nearly always gives a wet breathe.
maybe it's just me

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

From what I've read of the Jax mouthpieces, as many people seem to hate them as love them - you either get on with them or you don't, so it's a suck-it-and-see job.

Alternatively, try the boggo comfybite jobs you can get at many LDS - I've used them for years & think they're great.  Though I respect others' prerogative to call them a piece of crap

Horses for courses and all that.

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (markg @ Jan. 15 2004,20:31)]got one at dive show and don't really like it. seem to have to bite hard to stop water getting into mouth.
<font color='#000080'>I noticed that as well, but I think that is because they sit so well in the mouth without any effort you simply forget to keep your lips closed around it. Once I realised this and remembered to keep my mouth shut it worked just fine.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

Hi Folks
         Thanks for your opinions,it confirms what i've already heard or read about it,but just wanted confirmation in here!!I already have a comfibite Rob, which came with the apeks 200,but it seems quite small after using scubapro training regs,it seems to be that when i start to relax after commencing a dive my jaw does the same thing!!,thats why i wondered if the larger size,and that you can conform it to the pattern of your teeth/jaw would help,but on a negative side would it make you gag,and how easy is it to spit out or use for buddy breathing, as being a SSAC trainee,i still have to do my shared open water ascents,anybody tried it for that!!

cheers
                                     Fraser

1 - 6 of 6 Posts