YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts
Ben. ROFL
Your absolutely right and I'm shocked whatever next LARV and IDA's on E-bay no doubt? What is the world coming too?

Better warn your gran else some idiot will be fitting detachable breathing bags to Inspo's next. :) LOL
Made me laugh ,, that ,, ,, v good ,,,

talking of e-bay ,, did mr deas ever sell that IDA ,, do them e-bay units come with the CE CERT ,,

Made me laugh ,, that ,, ,, v good ,,,

talking of e-bay ,, did mr deas ever sell that IDA ,, do them e-bay units come with the CE CERT ,,
Glad you liked it mate. Not many others will I dare say. LOL
That little slip in of Alex's IDA and his Ebay add didn't catch you out then I see.

But rest assured all LARV even those sold on Ebay are fully CE approved thats provided Ben hasn't bolloxed up the harness and totally ruined the CE certification as he does with Martins work.

And as for CE approval bazzarly so also is the IDA under some grandfather clause.
So just to prove that Ben's Grans husband being his grandfather can order one too.

I am slowly making my way up the posts in reverse order, napalm on it's way. :) Iain

Why would you think that? There was nothing in the ordering process to check the users qualification or skill base at all.
They have been sold to "anyone" and that is a fact.

Really? You do realise an O2 rebreather is Considerably MORE dangerous than an ECCR and the manual is very light on how to dive an O2 CCR.

"Most" people are not at all educated in CCR usage and no requirement to check even that was present in the ordering process, my gran could have ordered one for all they know!

OSEL do not have telephone support, it is proudly explained on their website-
Due to the inefficiency of manning phones 24/7 with the right staff to provide quality answers to all types of query, our preferred form of communication is email. We distribute email queries to the correct staff electronically, so an email will get a fast response (same day normally, whereever you are in the world).

Sorry Yanosh- OSEL are simply drop shipping potential euthanasia devices to anyone who ordered one with the hope they are CCR divers with enough brains to work out how to use one.... bear in mind even Paul took a few goes to work out the black-plug in the EAC situation!!!

Frankly if they where doing this with the supposedly "foolproof" iCCR it would be better, but the O2-CCR? You do have to wonder, you really do...
Some good points...well presented.....but I still resent having to pass a new Motorcycle Practical Test and a new Motorcycle Theory Test everytime I change my bike!!

And secretely and irresponsibly no doubt....I rather like the idea that anyone can buy one!! (although I am sure Alex does vet all his EA's for the appropriate skill levels...cough!!)

Some good points...well presented.....but I still resent having to pass a new Motorcycle Practical Test and a new Motorcycle Theory Test everytime I change my bike!!

And secretely and irresponsibly no doubt....I rather like the idea that anyone can buy one!! (although I am sure Alex does vet all his EA's for the appropriate skill levels...cough!!)
LOL That s one more list then ,he,s go so many list,s hard to remember them all ,, im sure that veting has been going on , as i dont think mp kg or pr would have got a unit ,, if they had put up the money ,, and i hope they would meet mr wards (cough) appropriate skill levels,, lol but then again maybe not , if you were to read some of mr wards post , lol

nice to see you back m8 ,, you had me worried for a mo,, had me thinking you had got the unit and gone diving ,, all well then ,

I would like to think that most people have the ability to read a manual and deal with the 02 unit.
I would like to think the same, and if this were a barbecue grill or Ikea furniture, I'd say grab the directions and have at it. But sadly, experience has shown me that is not usually the case, and so with life support equipment where a a simple oversight or mis-interpretation can kill you, I think it would be prudent to have someone with knowledge and experience overseeing your your first few attempts at assembly. But admittedly I am very cautious when it comes to these types of things.

But rest assured all LARV even those sold on Ebay are fully CE approved..............

:) Iain
According to your M8 Alex, if it wasn't done by SGS, its not worth Jack Shit:rolleyes:

LOL.....................:D

I would like to think the same, and if this were a barbecue grill or Ikea furniture, I'd say grab the directions and have at it. But sadly, experience has shown me that is not usually the case, and so with life support equipment where a a simple oversight or mis-interpretation can kill you, I think it would be prudent to have someone with knowledge and experience overseeing your your first few attempts at assembly. But admittedly I am very cautious when it comes to these types of things.
I think some of the reports of EA's is bearing that out. When someone who makes rebreathers for a living accompanied by a couple of other RB divers can't manage to work out the right way to install the EAC's then that suggests to me that there is a pretty major flaw in a. how clever selling with no requirement for training is and b. having a manual good enough that you don't need to train users. That's not been the only example of divers missing things that were easy to miss.

The only real interest that I saw during the pre-sale days of the Apoc was amongst recreational/no-deco OC divers for a 600 quid rebreather. I wonder how many of the EA's fall into that group i.e. divers with no CCR experience? There must have been a lot who at the very least expected to be able to sign up for some kind of course.

b. having a manual good enough that you don't need to train users. That's not been the only example of divers missing things that were easy to miss.
I'm not surprised, the manual for the iCCR is 300 pages or more long and some of it is waffle and justification for the breakthrough levels rather than an actual user manual. It needs massively stripping out of the BS and edited to only include what divers would need for actually going diving with a unit.

I've just had a brief read through of the manual and its pretty vague on the EAC installation, its also in 3 different places through the manual and each time it starts to repeat itself. I take my hat off to anyone who reads the manual the whole way through and i wouldn't be surprised if people getting the manual got fed up reading it and not bothered to finish it.

Ready to dive to, if only to 6m for 45 mins or 1,2m till you passout,
NO training requierd ,, so i dont know why all the talk of iTs , whats that all about ,,
Ive been following the various threads and I seem to have missed something or am confused. Is this 02 unit only for diving to 6m?

Why would anyone spend all that money to do a 45m dive when most people could that on a 3l pony of air?

Cheers,
J.

Ive been following the various threads and I seem to have missed something or am confused. Is this 02 unit only for diving to 6m?

Why would anyone spend all that money to do a 45m dive when most people could that on a 3l pony of air?

Cheers,
J.
Yeah, O2 units run purely on oxygen, no other gases, so don't need any monitoring. As it's pure O2 then the depth limit is 6m and therefore that's a max ppO2 of 1.6 which you're allowed 45min at before O2 toxicity risk. If you go shallower then you get more time.

The only advantage that I can see is that you can add your own monitoring system and dive it deeper. Or strip it for parts, a decent BOV would have cost £4-600 quid.

According to your M8 Alex, if it wasn't done by SGS, its not worth Jack Shit:rolleyes: LOL.....................:D

Hi Paul.

Crickey mate Alex is right!!

But don't think these rinky dink RINA certificates are only on the REVO rebreather

We just finished this:

Hot Topics on YBW forum - Page 2 - Multihulls4us Forums

or this: Hot Topics on YBW forum - Page 2 - Multihulls4us Forums

I guess at least we don't get the "red letter haze" on YD LOL

But RINA certification questions do come up time after time, again and .........

We've also had it on decompression chambers as well, we once were all producing to Lloyds
or DNV DDC deck chambers certified to 50MSW and the Yanks with there ABS certs.
Everyone was happy.

Then some Italian outfit pops up with a RINA certificate, all hell breaks loose, everyone grumpy,

So the US Navy does a NEDU test………

Net result was the RINA certificate for "50MSW" is in fact only suitable for 10MSW

I have the report on file if interested.

Hence another market I am involved with see the RINA certificate as "rinky dink".

If I get time I may ask Paul "Re-maker" his option.

But in the real world of proper diving equipment if anyone thinks RINA is equivalent to SGS
or DNV is in in for a rude awakening, LOL :) Iain Middlebrook

Hi Paul.

Crickey mate Alex is right!!

(snip)

But in the real world of proper diving equipment if anyone thinks RINA is equivalent to SGS
or DNV is in in for a rude awakening, LOL :) Iain Middlebrook
That will be the reason Alex has so much respect for the Inspo then.........................;)

Ben. ROFL
Your absolutely right and I'm shocked whatever next LARV and IDA's on E-bay no doubt? What is the world coming too?
Private property sold 2nd hand on ebay has got nothing to do with a company selling something brand new directly from themselves as you well know!

As it stands you're more likely to get a refund, get phone support and be able to return your goods to someone via ebay than the Apoc to OSEL! :)

Better warn your gran else some idiot will be fitting detachable breathing bags to Inspo's next. :) LOL
The Inspo's breathing bags are detachable as they come from the factory mate, so you're saying Martin at APD is an idiot?

You might be thankful you didn't back this accusation up with a surname very shortly Iain....;)

But rest assured all LARV even those sold on Ebay are fully CE approved thats provided Ben hasn't bolloxed up the harness and totally ruined the CE certification as he does with Martins work.

Iain, you have PM incoming.

You might be thankful you didn't back this accusation up with a surname very shortly Iain....;)
Do you think Ben has the hump.......................

LOL.................:rolleyes::D

Reactions: HeBails
Yeah, O2 units run purely on oxygen, no other gases, so don't need any monitoring. As it's pure O2 then the depth limit is 6m and therefore that's a max ppO2 of 1.6 which you're allowed 45min at before O2 toxicity risk. If you go shallower then you get more time.

The only advantage that I can see is that you can add your own monitoring system and dive it deeper. Or strip it for parts, a decent BOV would have cost £4-600 quid.
Thanks . the pp02 bit i understood, didnt realise that it only had 02. So basically you spend a shit load of money to buy what is supposed to be safest and best designed rebreather on the planet (well some people think it is) which you can only take it to 6 metres or you cannibalise it invalidating all of the testing and safety work done on it so you can get some cheap bits.

Seems like a load bollocks to me. But to be fair I don't really know much about rebreathers and having read these threads I don't really know anymore :D

J.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.