YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Has anybody used one of these drysuits? How do they compare with say a DUI CF200x? Also, anybody used a DUI FLx50/50?

General comments (except drying time- I'm not bothered) re crushed neo? Preferably firsthand info!

Cheers

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

Hi,

i bought one last year and it has proven to be a superb purchase, very flexible and significantly warmer than a membrane suit. I can not compare it to the DUI suits, but those tha dive them swear bu them so I can only assume they are good.

If you do get one all I can tell you is you won't regret it.

Andrew

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>I can only comment on my particular suit the DUI CF200, it's the dogs boll*cks. A vast improvment on my old membrane and vulcanised rubber suits. I've not had a problem with leaking or comfort.

It had all the benefits of neoprene without the disadvantage of thickness and loss of heat. I do find it colder than the old membrane, but am doing a lot more cold water uk diving these last 2yrs. Only disadvantage is the cost of these suits, but am hoping it'll last me 10yrs+, so should work out ok once you've stumped up your purchase price.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Imported post

Everyone I know who has one loves the O3 to bits...so much so that I ordered myself one on Saturday

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

What type of seals did you go for? How does the Xtend neoprene used by O'Three compare to other neoprene or latex seals?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Imported post

Went for neo(don't think you have a choice on that one). I know the neo seals don't leak but there is a nack to putting the suit on and taking it of with neo seals but O3 will show you that when you go for your fitting.

Be warned there is a waiting list at the moment at 03 as they have alot of suits to make. Mine won't be dont until May so unless you go for off the peg you may have to wait a few months but I reckon the wait will be worth it.

·
1,969 Posts
Imported post

You do get the choice, I chose the Neo wrist and smoothskin neck seals, to be honest, this is the standard, unless you specifically ask, this is what you get.

They don't leak, and, for the first time in my diving life, I don't have a sore neck.

Andrew

·
Registered
12 Posts
Imported post

When choosing a suit it might be worth thinking about customer service etc. I’ve heard that O3’s customer service is excellent – but I’ve no direct experience of it. However, I’ve recently been on the receiving end of DUI’s and well …

Last year I replaced a well used (and loved) DUI self-donner with the modern equivalent. (CF200 front entry). After only 30 dives the new suit started to leak like a sieve - it went back to the shop who eventually pressure tested it. Big problems – 5 seperate seams had gone. On notifying DUI their response was that the shop should repair it under warranty. (i.e. they’d pay the shop to fix it with Aquasure!!!) The shop wasn’t happy with this and as you can imagine I blew a gasket. It took around a week of emails and telephone calls from both the shop and myself for DUI to even admit that perhaps, they should take the suit back and take a look at it. (They kept on suggesting the shop should repair it.) DUI eventually admitted that the suit was faulty and I’m currently having a replacement made. The whole thing has taken months (I’ve been without a suit since late September) and DUI’s attitude has been really poor throughout. I doubt if I’d buy another.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I’ve heard that O3’s customer service is excellent
This was one of my main reasons for chosing O3 apart from they make good suits. I know 4 people who have brought o3s in the last year and all have had great service as did I when I was there Saturday. I have a history with dodgy suits and its nice to know that if I am not happy with this one they will give me my money back no questions asked. Can't say fairer than that.

·
1,969 Posts
Imported post

What colour Dan, out of the choice of three.

Just curious, did you order the shiney 3D badge that everybody slagged me off about.

You will not regret it, the suit is just fantastic, I mean it when I say it was the best £1,000.00 I have spent. I also recommend the O3 two piece undersuit if you can stretch to it, forget the stupid socks that come with it.

Also don't get there gloves, very dissapointing, mine have only done about 10 dives and are not lasting well, infact just went back to Scubapro gloves because of the kevlar palms.

Take care,

Andrew

·
Duvet Diver
1,862 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dan @ Jan. 27 2004,17:12)]Be warned there is a waiting list at the moment at 03 as they have alot of suits to make. Mine won't be dont until May so unless you go for off the peg you may have to wait a few months but I reckon the wait will be worth it.
I ordered my O'three suit on the 16th Nov and try on day is the 21st Feb! however every one I know who has them swears by them. someone who needed an alteration/repair before they went on holiday (extra pocket and a self inflicted hole) took it down the day before he went and they did it while he waited!
Simon A

·
Registered
7 Posts
Imported post

Out of curiosity, is any-looking looking at the off-the-peg version of the the Ri20/100.

It's 160 quid cheaper, which I could do with saving.  Any thoughts about the bad bits of off-the-peg with neoprene ?

Paul

·
1,969 Posts
Imported post

None provided it all fits properly. All we are doing by getting a custom fit one is making sure is is all snug and comfy.

Andrew

·
Registered
7 Posts
Imported post

Don't know if you can take advantage, but O'Three are saying £160 cheaper and delivery in two weeks.

As an aside do you know how well the impregnation on the O'Three helps with keeping the outside dry so that drying times/windchill are not as bad as normal neoprene suits.

Paul

1 - 14 of 14 Posts