YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At my sisters's 40th birthday party on Saturday

She had lots of fun things there for kids (and adults), including one of those Gladiator jousting games.

Having a mess about taking on my daughter when some little s**t decided it would be a great idea to pick up a spare pugil stick and wack my legs from under me from behind

Didn't see it coming, no chance/time to fall properly

Just got back from A&E...

Result:
1 x definitely broken toe
1 x probably broken toe
1 x possibly broken toe

(They only X-Ray if they think your big toe is broken)

So:
1. No driving for 3-4 days
2. No diving for 2 weeks
3. No tennis for 4-5 weeks

What makes it worse, is there was little pain until they strapped up my toes, now its ooh/ouch every time I move my foot :frown:

·
I am a person NOT a number
7,710 Posts
Oh boy - not another broken foot :)

Hope it heals well and you're back in the water soon Nick.

Helen xxx
Maybe the two can be united into a broken toe self help group?

Nick my little toe has been broken twice the last time while I was on a diving holiday in Spain last year.
1. I didnt stop diving at the time
2. I didnt stop diving on my return
3. I didnt bother with hospital as I knew from how it looked and felt the first time that I had broke it.
4. Cant say owt about tennis as I dont play it.

Give it a few days for the bruising to come out and the swelling to go down and you will soon be right as rain.

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Hi Nick,

sorry to hear of your accident, I broke the 2nd & 3rd toes in the Dominican Republic chasing the kids in the sea [I kicked a concrete mooring bollard] I only had one days diving left so just carried on luckily I use force fins so that took the pressure of them. If I had been doing any deco' diving I would probably have skipped it

A couple of weeks and it was loads better and pretty much back to normal. I recommend sandals and rest for you young man ;)

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
Oh gawd, don't start the white socks vs brown socks vs no socks debate!!!! I always manage to lose this one regardless of which side I take :)
Hope your tootsies feel better soon !

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The nurse knew what she was talking about

When I had the toes strapped up, the nurse said:
1. she'd broken her toes, so knew what it was like
2. she'd fit a metatarsal support bad to relieve the pressure
3. but, she took hers off as it caused more pain than it relieved
TOO TRUE - took mine off this morning - what a relief!!!

The only problem, is that having taken off the strapping , pad, etc. I can see my toes are now wonky :frown:

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Nick Kay said:
The only problem, is that having taken off the strapping , pad, etc. I can see my toes are now wonky :frown:
Paint the nail and nobody will notice ;)

Safe diving,
Steve.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.