YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I ran across this thread on A.N.Other forum and it looks like Bren is well on the way to the thread title. Read it. You just have to laugh at these bloody Yanks.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthr....umber=1

I also noticed many of his humerous comments had been liberated from someone elses repetoire especially the crayon of your choice. Brilliant Bren, 1 Glaswegian vrs the USA, The odds are about evens then

Peter

(Edited by peter k at 10:59 pm on Feb. 20, 2003)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Imported post

Now thats what I call entertainment....

Mind you, with a thread starter like this...

<Quote>
DO NOT DO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING

1) Post offensive jokes of a nature relating to ...

Race
Religion
Creed
<Quote>

... you just asking for trouble.

Besides, that only leaves jokes about the Septics as acceptable.

·
Registered
5,960 Posts
Imported post

What about all these FAQ´s on the same site:

Can I sue someone who says or writes something defamatory about me?
What about an equipment review that I know is wrong?
What ever happened to Free Speech, Don't I have a right to express my opinion?
Are laws regarding defamation applicable to Online activities like Forums, Chat or even email?
I'm writing an article about a small dive club I once belonged to and I'm changing the names of the people involved. Can I get in trouble for slander?
What about insults and epithets? are they defamatory?
* Legality notice

It's like being in a forum with a straightjacket!:moon2:
Their site is similar to this one, is it similar software, or is their a partnership with this site?

·
Registered
12,115 Posts
Imported post

Hi Chris,

It's just similar software; there is no tie-in with Scubaboard and YD.

And speaking of s/w - just wait until Jay's back next week and we can reveal/unleash.........the all NEW YD !!!!

·
Registered
12,115 Posts
Imported post

Hey Steve,

I can't answer that for certain - Jay's yer man there - but what I can say is that we've had a 'mirrored/ghost' version of the new site running for about 10 days now and you're all currently in it and posts updated in real time as they are added - full archive too!.

My gut answer to your question is NO, you won't have to re-register, but Jay will give all a heads-up (no pun intended) on his return next week. HTH.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Imported post

Just read some of that thread, dude, you've got far too much time on your hands mate, but funny as F*** :lol2:
If only the Yanks paid as much interest in voting in their President the world might be a better place.
Chee-az
Steve
BTW do they know we call them "septic tanks" ?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Imported post

There were posts on that particular thread that would have had me PMing certain individuals with a warning, please do not take that thread on Scubaboard as an indication of what would be tolerated on Yorkshire Divers.

Thank you for your understanding.

regards
Dave

·
That's Members Representative to you!
2,303 Posts
Imported post

Don't know whether it's the vodka/oranges i'm drinking or not, but the following from Bren nearly had me in tears...!!!

Bren Tierney said:
"Isn't this the part where you're supposed to say: 'You ain't from round these parts, are ya boy?', before spitting your 'backy' on to the deck?"
Class. ;)

·
Part of the 'Phoenix Programme'
1,108 Posts
Imported post

Hee hee hee....I can't help it.... Heads Up had mentioned to me that Bren was now on the Scubaboard and I suppose I (being well acquainted with Scubaboard) sensed upcoming trouble and just HAD to take a look *grin*

What I fail to understand: such policies are introduced in order to maintain a certain level of tolerance, so why do they so quickly degenerate to a level of intolerance I would not expect from the worst ******-jew-woman-polack-irish-etc-etc-hating racist one could imagine....

Lack of intelligence, tolerance, education....

Well... let me end my tirade and say to Bren: THANK you, I was well and truly amused, you put a spark of life into that insipid board for a while :)

moray

p.s.: and peter k...I find your remarks about "bloody yanks" completely unacceptable and they hurt my feelings and I am gonna sue you from here to Brisbane....hehehe.*grin*

·
Banned
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imported post

I would quite like a wee holiday in Austrailia. Thanks for the offer. I'll mail you my address and if you book the tickets for about mid-May I should be able to do a bit of diving round about then.:smile:

Peter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.