YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi All,

36 hours before jetting off to Sharm we get a phone call from the travel operator informing us that a problem has occured with our booking and there is no room at the inn for us.

We were supposed to be staying at the Grand Oasis sharks bay in Sharm [booked a dive package and everything] and the only alternatives they could offer was a full refund or a hotel in Nabq with no dive centre or even a courtesy bus to Naama bay, we chose the former.

My question is has anyone else experienced this or does the boss upstairs hate me.

The only good thing is that I will be able to see England's finest stuff the aussies whilst drinking my own weight in guinness.

Safe diving,
Steve.

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

Alternativly ring Explorers and / or Regal Dive, they are bound to have spaces.

Andrew

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Sorry to hear this Steve mate.

Have a butcher's at this site:

http://www.travel4less.co.uk/

-- I'm sure I saw the Hilton, Shark's Bay on there for not a great deal of ******, or I've just C&Pd this lot of the same site. Hope you find summat you fancy.

Sharm el Sheikh, Red Sea

**Hotel:  4* 4* Deluxe Hilton Sharks Bay Resort - ALL INCLUSIVE MADNESS  

Dates: 01 Jan - 01 Jan '04
Dates: 08 Jan - 25 Mar '04
7nts/ All Inclusive  £465.00  

5* Crowne Plaza Resort Sharm El Sheikh  

01 Jan - 01 Jan '04
08 Jan - 06 Feb '04
13 Feb - 02 Apr '04
7nts/ BB  £405.00

5* 5* Deluxe Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort  

01 Jan - 01 Jan '04
08 Jan - 04 Mar '04
11 Mar - 01 Apr '04
7nts/ BB  £495.00  

5* The Ritz Carlton Sharm El Sheikh

01 Jan - 01 Jan '04
08 Jan - 04 Mar '04
7nts/ BB  £525.00  

4* Sonesa Club Resort Sharm El Sheikh

11 Dec - 11 Dec '03
01 Jan - 01 Jan '04
08 Jan - 08 Jan '04
08 Jan - 19 Feb '04
26 Feb - 01 Apr '04
7nts/ BB  £299.00  

4* Sonesta Beach Resort Sharm El Sheikh - WINTER SPECIAL OFFERS  

11 Dec - 11 Dec '03
01 Jan - 01 Jan '04
08 Jan - 08 Jan '04
15 Jan - 19 Feb '04
26 Feb - 01 Apr '04
7nts/ BB  £298.00  

*4 Star Deluxe Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort - WINTER SPECIAL OFFERS  

01 Jan - 01 Jan '04
08 Jan - 19 Feb '04
26 Feb - 26 Feb '04
04 Mar- 25 Mar '04
7nts/ BB  £425.00  

Hope you get squared away mate! Good luck.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Not the same but on a trip from Tampa Florid to London via chicago my wife and I were bumped in Chicago ( overbooked ) then flowen to NY limo to hotel, dinner, breakfast, limo to airport ho and  we each got a $1000 voucher for future travel, more than we had payed for the round trip tickets to London and we were only 14 hrs late geting in also got crew rest seats that go back to a bed. Fell into a bucket of s**t and came out smelling of rose's  

American Airlines

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Last month went to Hungary to do a language course, the hotel I had booked said there was a 'technical' problem and would mind if I were to share a room with a stranger. What had happened was that there was the European aerobics competition in town and the place was overbooked, I had the thought of sharing a room with the Swedish female team but when I found out I was going to share with some fat german bloke I refused outright. In the the end I threatened to go elsewhere and 'somehow' they found a room for me.
The story ends well as the hotel had a spa I ended up sharing the hot baths with many of the girls of aerobics teams  

As for your trip Steve ask for compensation on top of the refund, it's always worth asking.

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Thanks for the replies peeps and many thanks for the links Bren some food for thought there.

No Mary tried a couple of operators and no joy, needing a family room doesn't help.

I have written to the agent concerned and will post my progress with any offers, I have to say that I have found them to be a complete waste of space thus far and according to them this did not even class a "major change" to our booking

Also I'm Glad to see that some of you have emerged from this kind of thing unscathed

Thanks again.

Safe diving,
Steve.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts