YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just invited myself to join Southern Dave and Bardo tomorrow for a quickie on Chesil Beach (wey hey)

But where's Bardo? We need you. I'll never find a ruddy wreck. I'm a girl.

Does anyone else fancy coming?

Bardo please get PM-ing and let us know when and where :teeth:

(Edit... I'm not selling this mini-trip very well am I?)

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
on Chesil Beach <snip>

I'll never find a ruddy wreck.
You'll be off to find the Royal Adelaide then.....enjoy the trek from the car park to the entry point!!!! :D

Edit: just seen the other thread......look at it this way.....at least you won't be treking across with a twinset! The transit points are easy (Chequered fort and edge of the cafe then 100-200m in...or just watch where the fishermen are!) and at least with two of you one can line up the transit and the other can provide a reference for an entry point....it's a nightmare when you do it solo!!!

·
'Fabulous from afar, far from Fabulous'
602 Posts
Youll be fine - Shiney Dave has a brand new dive dorset book - just remember the balloons (ask dave) and you'll be fine.

The N/S transit is easy, as it sits at the bottom of the shingle slope in about 10 mtrs - if you reach the sand you've gone past it.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Youll be fine - Shiney Dave has a brand new dive dorset book - just remember the balloons (ask dave) and you'll be fine.

The N/S transit is easy, as it sits at the bottom of the shingle slope in about 10 mtrs - if you reach the sand you've gone past it.
Oy! Less of the Shiney Dave you :)

Anyway, I won't be shiney tomorrow...I have a loan Buddy BCD from the LDS and it looks 20 years old...

[Edit] Where on earth do I get balloons at this time of night???

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn right Scuttler. I am already old and knackered and tomorrow I will be older still and potentially more knackered. It's been a full on diving week and I need a rest! But can't resist a local free dive.

How come you're not coming with us?

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Sorry folks - just rolled in and found this thread (the missus dragged me off to IKEA, if you can believe it!). Looks like I'm not going to make it tomorrow after all... hope you guys have a great dive(s) off Chesil tomorrow - rest assured I'd rather be there than here! :(

If the weather holds out 'till next weekend, I may try to reschedule if you lot are still up for it...

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
PV and I met up at 8:30ish and entered the water at 9:00 for a 68 minute dive reaching a max depth of 11.3 metres (for me).

The weather was perfect - not too hot as it was early, a calm sea and loads to look at as the vis was 6-7 metres.

PV had her camera so we just mooched around looking for things to photograph, the highlight being two John Dorys that we followed for a bit.

An hour and a half trip there and 2 hours back but a brilliant dive and well worth the journey.

Thanks Yvonne :teeth:

[Edit] Oh! A record for me...my longest dive, beating the last longest (under Swanage Pier with Adam_F) by 15 minutes. Usually my air consumption means thumbing the dive at around the 40-50 minute mark, so I was quite pleased.

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Cheers Dave! We had a nice bimble this morning. I think we are starting a new trend for non-extreme, geriatric diving. What a pair of fish huggers!

With a huff and a puff and a gasp, puff, scramble, slide, curse and splash, we were in the water at 8.58 before all the hoards arrived.

Dave looked less shiney than usual in his Andark Diving faded yellow buddy jacket with "student" written on it. *snigger*.

I have never seen a John Dory before, so whether we saw the same one twice or two of them, we saw a John Dory and boy, was it cute. It wouldn't have it's photo taken though, I only got its derriere.

We also saw crabs, huge wrass, bib, little silver jobbies, babies of different varieties and a load of Pollack(s).

Our navigation was spot on and we got out where we got in - more luck than judgement.

Thanks Dave for a lovely dive, being a great buddy and fish spotter and for being good company. Seeeya soon.

Edit, sorry about the blurriness of the photos. Must be DTs after a few evenings on the red wine

The ar*e end of a moody John Dory

A wrass having some grub

Dave in tatty BCD (cringe)

·
'Fabulous from afar, far from Fabulous'
602 Posts
John Dories?!?!?!!!!!!:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Wow! Beats my trigger fish sighting on Weds. You had a cracking day to dive it.

Dave - looking stunning in his 'new' BCD!

Shallow dives are OK - why go deep when you can have great vis and see all this?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.