more weaselly than a weaselly thing
3,628 Posts
Imported post

or this one?

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

I've always harboured suspicions that this Ozzie Muppet was a card-carrying TWAT! And now here's proof positive.

I saw him trying to justify his fuckwit-antics (after being critised for them) on TV the other day by saying words to the effect of:

"No, we live in a (cop for this) 'croc-rich-environment' (TWAT!) and all I was doing was teaching my son (all four months old of him - TWAT!) to be (wait for it).....'croc-aware'........"

Uber Twat!  

Makes Micheal ('the Paedo in Speedos') Jackson's balcony-scene (sans Juliette) look  the very model of rationale, restraint and sensible behaviour.

Just coz you have money does not absolve you from fuckwit actions. It works like this: a fuckwit is a fuckwit; a fuckwit with money is merely a rich fuckwit.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Bren,

I feel you are out of order. Steve Irwin (and I'm no fan) has more knowledge, balls or stupidity about his local environment that you EVER will have.

He probably feels that he is justified in his actions and like any parent is doing only what he thinks is best for the future, safety (yes, I'm serious) and development of his child.

If you were to do this with a sprog then yes, I'd call you a f'kin twat. But he has the skill, knowledge and ability to deal with the situation, show his child the danger and power of a croc and still walk away.

Local knowledge counts in places like Oz - and d'you really think his kid is going to toddle towards a croc now? Okay, maybe, but they've had a damn good lesson.

Besides, if the crap had hit, I bet you he would not have run and left his kid......

So, when you have his level of experience, rather than you laypersons view, feel free to judge.

(Drifty climbs off the high horse)

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Driftwood @ Jan. 08 2004,22:23)]But he has the skill, knowledge and ability to deal with the situation, show his child the danger and power of a croc and still walk away.
That's what Eric Ritter thought about Tiger(?) Sharks and look what happened to him! He just walked away.

Peter

·
Charter Boat Skipper, Salvage Diver & YBOD abuser
1,605 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I feel you are out of order. Steve Irwin (and I'm no fan) has more knowledge, balls or stupidity about his local environment that you EVER will have.

He probably feels that he is justified in his actions and like any parent is doing only what he thinks is best for the future, safety (yes, I'm serious) and development of his child.

If you were to do this with a sprog then yes, I'd call you a f'kin twat. But he has the skill, knowledge and ability to deal with the situation, show his child the danger and power of a croc and still walk away.

Local knowledge counts in places like Oz - and d'you really think his kid is going to toddle towards a croc now? Okay, maybe, but they've had a damn good lesson.

Besides, if the crap had hit, I bet you he would not have run and left his kid......

So, when you have his level of experience, rather than you laypersons view, feel free to judge.

(Drifty climbs off the high horse)
B*LLOCKS......... it was a publicity-stunt, end of.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ Jan. 08 2004,23:31)]That's what Eric Ritter thought about Tiger(?) Sharks.
No, bull sharks.

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bren Tierney @ Jan. 08 2004,16:52)]I've always harboured suspicions that this Ozzie Muppet was a card-carrying TWAT! And now here's proof positive.

I saw him trying to justify his fuckwit-antics (after being critised for them) on TV the other day by saying words to the effect of:

"No, we live in a (cop for this) 'croc-rich-environment' (TWAT!) and all I was doing was teaching my son (all four months old of him - TWAT!) to be (wait for it).....'croc-aware'........"

Uber Twat!  

Makes Micheal ('the Paedo in Speedos') Jackson's balcony-scene (sans Juliette) look  the very model of rationale, restraint and sensible behaviour.

Just coz you have money does not absolve you from fuckwit actions. It works like this: a fuckwit is a fuckwit; a fuckwit with money is merely a rich fuckwit.
A triffle strong perhaps but it made me laugh.

Hey, Driftwood, you aught to see some of the places in Manchester where Bren is from, but does he hold his loved ones above a gang fight?

I don't know, it's a retorical question!

James

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (narkedat50 @ Jan. 08 2004,22:47)]Hey, Driftwood, you aught to see some of the places in Manchester where Bren is from, but does he hold his loved ones above a gang fight?
[/img]
<font color='#0000FF'>James,

I have seen Bren's, and even stayed there a while back (nice pad and Fi does an excellent brekkie)

As for your question, I could comment on where he takes the missus to a Sunday lunch - does that count....

(Sorry Bren, couldn't resist.  
)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (angleseydiver @ Jan. 08 2004,22:36)][B*LLOCKS......... it was a publicity-stunt, end of.
<font color='#0000FF'>Yes, and of course it's such a worldwide publically important even that the BBC shows it on the Six o'clock news.....

My arse. It's a publicity stunt if he invites the media, not if that have so few stories they use an ameture torist cameramans video.....

·
Registered
616 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bren Tierney @ Jan. 08 2004,16:52)]I've always harboured suspicions that this Ozzie Muppet was a card-carrying TWAT! And now here's proof positive.

Uber Twat!  

bren,
did you get your credit card statement,hate that!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I thought it was a great addition to Irwin's 'act' .... Baby Juggling !

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

I thought on here we acknowledged people's right to take risks?
There's plenty of less newsworthy but worse things that go on every day in this country with regards to childrens vulnerability, but it just doesn't make good copy, Gav has a few stories from his journo career which are far worse than Steve Irwin's actions.
For the record, I wouldn't do that with my cat let alone my child (if I had one)
Stevil

·
Registered
108 Posts
Imported post

was it not a aligator? just nit-picking, anyway i dont mind his programs though, but lets be honest the blokes definately a complete looney! what with jumping on their backs (aligators and or crocodiles), and i think his baby will have learned absolutely [email protected] all!

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>I think the guy is seriously unhinged.

If the kid was maybe five or six then you could just about get your head round the "must be croc-aware" stuff.

The kid was a few month old baby that won't remember the incident and is certainly not intellectually advanced enough to learn anything for the incident.

I actually have enjoyed some of his TV work but he's always grandstanding and that takes away from his immense knowledge of reptilians.

On the Michael Jackson thing, I was surprised to see him dangling the baby over the balcony.

Usually he just tosses them off !

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve W @ Jan. 09 2004,12:24)]For the record, I wouldn't do that with my cat let alone my child (if I had one)
And therein lies the rub!! I have no problem with people chasing publicity for their own 'Pop Culture' interests - but to dangle a baby over a croc's mouth in one hand, whislt feeding the croc a dead chicken with the other - at feeding time!? Come on! FFS!

The fact that it was his own son is irrelevant - the croc wouldn't know baby from a chicken corpse being dangled over its mouth and, frankly, wouldn't care - he's not paid to know or bright enough to make that distinction!

The guy's a Twat.

And Driftwood, it's only weight of work which prevents me from addressing your earlier 'ouvre' - rest assured, sir, I shall be back later with a response.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts