YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
The Artist formerly known as 'John Duncan'
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>I am going to buy a p-valve so that during the summer I can stay properly hydrated and not wet myself when out on a club RIB all day. does anyone have any tips when using one?

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

Tips,,,,,,,,, on how to use a p-valve,,,,,,,,, from me?

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

Andrew

·
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (andyp @ Jan. 17 2004,18:22)]Tips,,,,,,,,, on how to use a p-valve,,,,,,,,, from me?

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha etc.....
<font color='#F52887'>Private joke?

·
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Porg @ Jan. 17 2004,19:52)]i was given some nappies by a mate who can no longer dive for medical reasons.  

<font color='#F52887'>I am confused, you were given them for medical reasons OR can they no longer dive for medical reasons?

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Dat's de ting, innit wit da yoof of da day John, dey don't know nuffin bout de impotence ov punctuation, it's like the old joke:

A Panda walks into a restaurant and orders some bamboo, after he's eaten, he pulls out a colt 45 and blasts a few holes in the ceiling then walks out. The 'Maitre de' runs after him, naturally irate "Oi furry, what you playin at...?" and drags him bodily back to the restaurant. The Panda is non-plussed "Look mate, I'm a Panda, check the entry in the dictionary". The 'Maitre de' does so and finds under 'P': Panda, black and white mammal, eats shoots and leaves...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Imported post

I use one and they are worth their weight in gold. Going for a practise session to the local quarry and will be plugged in there...

Chris

P.S. I bought the Halcyon one and so it probably IS literally worth its weight in gold...  

[edited to eliminate a flying apostrophe]

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>she cant dive cos she had a brain haemorrhage on a dive, so thats the medical reason.  Real shame actually, she was the best diver i ever had the pleasure of diving with.

·
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>No offence meant (or taken, I hope), just a little joke.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Imported post

Get the EE balanced one.

Get the Rochester Ultraflex silicone catheters in the size that fits you and get "one" EXTRA EXTRA large (in case somebody asks to borrow one).  They'll only ask once!

Bob

·
"Three sheds"
12,688 Posts
Imported post

Porg,
  Let us know how you get on with the nappies. My missus finds it uncomfortable crossing her legs for an entire morning when out on the RIB, and I'm tempted to get her some nappies as a romantic Valentines day gift.

You will know if she found it amusing or not by how bruised I am up in Stoney on the 21st.

Laters,
   Janos

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

I've got one, balanced, from Diver's Warehouse.

But I modified it - a quick connect has been added between the valve and the catheter, which makes 'plugging in' much easier..

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Imported post

I had the O'3 one fitted a few years ago.
Tip No 1. Sheath size VERY important. Be honest - If you fit through the hole on the size chart then go for the next smaller.
Tip No 2. A little trim sir??? mown the lawn back a bit!
Tip No 3. Remember that you did NOT plug for in for this dive before you have a pee....
Tip No 4. Check the valve opens before the dive - you do not wanr back pressure when you find you cannot open the valve and your buddy takes offence at you signals for what is wrong...

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Odin @ Jan. 18 2004,11:58)]Tip No 4. Check the valve opens before the dive - you do not wanr back pressure when you find you cannot open the valve and your buddy takes offence at you signals for what is wrong...
<font color='#000080'>oh god the mental images!

can you think of a hand signal for that?

·
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Odin @ Jan. 18 2004,11:58)]Tip No 1. Sheath size VERY important. Be honest - If you fit through the hole on the size chart then go for the next smaller.
Is the size chart like a ring chart for wedding rings etc. and do you have to size it up in the chemist? Is girth important or just length? this question is for the guys only....

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JohnDuncan @ Jan. 18 2004,17:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Odin @ Jan. 18 2004,11:58)]Tip No 1. Sheath size VERY important. Be honest - If you fit through the hole on the size chart then go for the next smaller.
Is the size chart like a ring chart for wedding rings etc. and do you have to size it up in the chemist? Is girth important or just length? this question is for the guys only....
And in what er, ahem, er, state?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts