YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Back from the brink
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>Hey all,

Has anybody ever dived out of Cabo San Lucas in Baja California? I've done a fair bit of reseach and I'm specifically going there to dive with the schools of hammerheads htat congregate at Gordo(a) banks. Has anybody done the same or be able to recommend a dive outfit there? There seem to be a few all offering about the same deal, but I'm after specific experiences.

Ta

Jimbo

·
Registered
488 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>We had a talk at our club last week from these guys (Sal & Luke) who are based in the area and are running a tagging project to collect information on sharks and their habits. Adopt A Shark. Don't be put off by the charity aspect of the website they do appear to be genuine and rely heavily on donations.  Having said that the contact details are there and I'm sure they'd be pleased to help you with local information and I know they are very knowledgeable on Hammerheads.

Hope this helps, good luck and jealous as hell

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

Not Cabo San Lucas but I've dived out of La Paz, with these people: http://www.clubcantamar.com/english/
It was fabulous! We dived with lots of mantas, a school of 10 hammerheads, dozens of sealion pups and 5 whale sharks and saw a flock of about 300 Pacific white-sided dolphins and a pod of orcas from the boat, all in one week! The best time is mid-October to mid-November.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts