YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know of a template for the padi wall certificates.

I recently completed my Rescue Diver course, the club I belong to wasnt printing the details onto the certificate they were writing them. Me being a fussy bastard wanted it printed on so it didnt look out of place next to my other two, as a result they gave me a blank one.

I have spent the last 2 hours trying to line everything up on MS Word but the tests i print onto blank pages do not show on paper as they do on the screen

Any ideas or help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Imported post

What paper size have you set in Word - the PADI certs are Letter (I think) NOT A4.

Dom

·
Registered
256 Posts
Imported post

I did it by typing what I wanted on A4 and then holding the cert over the top to line up, look towards a window or light, if it did not then adjusted the font size & spacing etc and printed again, when it was right taped the PADI cert over the top of the A4 using that magic tape stuff so it does not tear the cert and printed it again, its worked every time perfectly for me.

Cheers
Mark

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

I can't see why this should cause problems for you ALTHOUGH blank spaces at the end of lines can do funny things to where things turn out. I usually use a spread sheet to avoid this kind of problem.

Depending on the print size etc you could always to get someone to do it on a manualy typewriter or a dedicated WP.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

i'll try the spreadsheet, i did do it in word but for some reason it kept putting my name in the middle of the page instead of where I had it positioned on the screen. I tried a4 size and custom size (i manually put the size of the cert)

I have the old fasion font for my name (like the font that tells you what qualification it is you have).

Cheers
Adam

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adamsh @ April 27 2004,14:25)]i'll try the spreadsheet, i did do it in word but for some reason it kept putting my name in the middle of the page instead of where I had it positioned on the screen. I tried a4 size and custom size (i manually put the size of the cert)

I have the old fasion font for my name (like the font that tells you what qualification it is you have).

Cheers
Adam
That would probably be because you either have the page formatted to centre the text (within MS Word format) OR your printer settings (within the print options) set to centre (as opposed to left or right - I believe it is in "margins" where this is changed).

Sorry - I'm a Lotus user and whilst the principals of WP/spreadsheets are the same the MS menu structures are different.

If you don't get it sorted I'd be happy to have a look if you wanted to email the file over. I am sure the spreadsheet option should work BUT check your print settings for left/centre/right positioning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts