YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,308 Posts
Imported post

It's just a badge-collecter's qualification, in my opinion. I did the Divemaster course, although I had no intention of working as a divemaster, just because it seemed to me to be the only way to advance as a diver within the PADI system. I did some specialty courses but soon ran out of ones that I thought were meaningful. I thought the DM course was excellent. I'm told NAUI do a special Master Scuba Diver course, so that their qualification does mean something, but I don't think you have NAUI in the UK.

· Registered
2,308 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (daz @ Jan. 29 2004,18:26)]Obviously a straight "Sorry but I have my own asperations for this dive and would prefer to buddy someone with more experience who has similar asperations" would probably work, but some people just do not like to say "No" when put on the spot and feel obliged to look after the inexperienced buddy they have been placed with.

Not carrying a professional cert can avoid the situation to some degree but it does not mean these are unhelpful, miserable sods.  They are usually also paying customers who want to actually enjoy their diving and meet some personal asperations that they do not normally get when working with students and the like.

Daz
Daz, really! The same spelling error THREE TIMES in one post!!! It's aspIrations.  

What's happened to British education since I left the country 36 years ago?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.