YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Don't know, what are they quoting and what do they include for the price.

For instance just make sure you compare like with like...

Are they including crew packs for AOW and Rescue, does the rescue include EFR and if not how much is it, were the other places quoting a combined EFR/Rescue course.

Do they include kit hire, were the other places including kit hire (Don't know if you need it).

Find out exactly what is included and what is not included from all places.

Generally I think Go Dive are pretty good based on my limited experience of them, I do know a Course Director who works for them and he is pretty damn good.

Daz

·
PSAI Instructor Trainer
199 Posts
Imported post

Hi

Have used go-dive and they are ok, about on par with other PADI agencies. I think or know really that Mark (the owner) thinks cheap courses attract people and he bulds up his client base that way.

Ian

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

I believe that's their logic in doing free air and nitrox fills - gets more people into the shop buying the stuff with a betetr profit margin

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

Daz, If you're referring to Jamie he no longer works for Go-Dive, he's now with Derby diving services

·
Registered
224 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>of couse the price is part of who to do the course with, but reputation is far more important, a good indtructure/outfit can make all the diferance in a course

recomendations all the way bayby:O

·
Registered
115 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>i would have to say the best place around the area is [email protected] in sheffield

its only been open for 6 weeks, but thats not a problem. the prices are the best, all crew paks and cert cards included, all kit hire, and even 15% kit at SDS if you do a course. the training takes place at capernwray, but im sure if you had a good reason you could ask to do your stuff at Stoney, but why would you want to??

i did my rescue and efr there, at capernwray, and the 2 days were possibly the best 2 days diving this year. ok, in rescue theres not much diving, but its damn fun

efr and rescue is about £220 quid, the efr includes O2 and automatic defibrillator training and econdary care (bandages n stuff). the advanced is £150 i think

advanced is one evening to go through knowledge reviews, 2 days diving. EFR is one evening, maybe 2. rescue is one evening and 2 days

leave a message after this and i will put you in touch if you like, or email me [email protected]

Code:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>that should say 15% off prices, sorry guys

one thing to add, i know of a few people who have signed on for further courses after doing one

chris

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

Frogman
Theres always some difficulty comparing prices for courses, as Daz has touched upon "it depends what's included in the course."
Each course provider differs, and so many variables, the questions to be asked  in the main are
1.Are all materials, books/ manuals Slates etc included in the price.
If not how much are they charging for these?
2. Are Air fills included?
3.Are Entry fees to the sites included?
4.Are there any boats charges?
5.Is travel included ( ie are you going as a group or make your own way there)?
6.Are there any additional charges for registration ie pic cards ( padi Identification Cards).?

The pricing for courses is very competative,the bigger dive outfits enrolling more can afford to discount and hence can usually undercut the freelance Instructor( who's also tryng to make a buck).
Do your homework before you sign up

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Noel Johnson @ Aug. 15 2003,17:34)]Daz, If you're referring to Jamie he no longer works for Go-Dive, he's now with Derby diving services
No, Clive,

Does some work for Go Dive on a fairly regular basis.

Daz

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

currently uming and arhing about go dive, they promised huge amounts of stock in the new shop always what you want etc etc, know diggs had a rather abortive trip when they could only supply about half of the twins and stuff he wanted,  I phoned and asked about long hoses, no stock and not sure when getting in.

shame as notts seems to lack any reaonable dive shops (yes I know it's in derby but it takes the same amount of time to get to!)

Have to say no experience of the courses so couldn't say either way.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>have just found out that a french guy is flying in on a friday and back home monday, hes coming to do advanced with TigerDive.

Traavel is free to the sites, air fills included, kit included but the entry fee isnt. You even get a free t-shirt.

Anybody at capernwray this weekend should have seen the orange t-shirts! today there were 10 of us there today, and i even saw a Yorkshire Divers t-shirt at the top  of the car park

1 - 12 of 12 Posts