YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
A very well presented video, should go down well.

Now get your bloody wallet out and start signing up for those courses, PADI want your money.............NOW !

·
Utrinque Paratus
6,077 Posts
Although it's at a puddle at least the dives are in the sea :D

this is realy a ploy to get Howard AKA Snorkel Boy more students isnt it ?

Graham

·
Go in deep and come out wet
731 Posts
nice link :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi, my name's Kanga and I'm an alcoho... I mean, a PADI diver

Did anyone else feel like they were watching a Little Britain sketch in places?

Though bless that kid who just wants to feed some sharks.

Own up. Who on here featured in that masterpiece?

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Thats a very good vidio. It just shows if you get the high fiving yanks out of the frame you can make something that dosent make you cringe :D.

Mind you i am now 100% confirmed as a sad old teckie as I had the overwhelming urge to rip all their snorkles off. They just look sooooooo silly :D

ATB

Mark Chase

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
I quite enjoyed that.... Apart from the hands in the middle "YEAH!" at the end.... Made me want to kill them all :)

Are there any YD'ers in the video?

"Hallo! Moi names Seamus and oim a paddy doiver"
Sorry! Wrong Paddy! :)

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
How nice to see something from PADi that isn't sad pathetic Yay, wooo, mega type American bullcrap, all filmed in 100 metre viz.
OK its got a sad Yeah at the end, but we all knew that was coming didn't we kiddies.
For a basically American governing body thats not a bad effort.

And as a 100% PADI diver, I haven't worn a snorkel since about dive 15... does this mean they will strip me of my C-Card now ? :) Must be the nasty bad YD influence kicking in! :teeth:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Wow it's really tempting I wish I was a PADI diver (oh bugger, I already am) it doesn't suggest that they'll be at you to put another dollar in as soon as you've finished your 1st course, and it doesn't stop unless you keep away from PADI dive centres. Sorry feeling a little cynical, what a clever marketing ploy putting this video on YouTube rather than splashing out some of those dollars on TV advertising.
Shame the guy talking about the divers on the Scylla couldn't get the frigates class correct, just in case anyone knows him you could gently let him know, it's a Leander Class not a linear class.
Moan over
Doug

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Timing coincides almost perfectly with BSACs DVD release of "Go Diving".
The difference is that isnt freely distributable, is only sent currently to branch officers and schools and not likely to be full public domain.

Guess which one of the 2 got the correct marketing.....

Otherwise, Ugh snorkels. WHY?! Im sure standards say must have access to not "must bolt to mask" :)

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
Well I didn't think it was too bad! It had the potential to be a LOT worse and anything that promotes UK stuff has to be good. I agree about those irritating PADI-sticks hanging down from their masks though :)

I'm sick of all the PADI training materials showing wet-suited Americans on tropical beaches.
PADI: Anything below 21 degrees is a cold water dive
My arse, that's bloody tropical! :D

Anyhoo, I was disappointed that they didn't mention the added bonus of being able to save mankind when disaster strikes with an EFR course...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.