1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all,
here's a link to a 13 min. video I made from my trip to Palau in November:
Palau - Ocean Hunter III on Vimeo
The compression required for vimeo is a bit horrid in places, but I'm struggling with Handbrake's avi conversion at the moment.
I know it's a bit long, so if you're at work and just want to skip through: after the dolphins at the beginning there are some cool mantas, a krait and a few sharks, then around 6'30" there are some more sharks, the nautilus is around 10'30", and there's a pretty nudibranch at 12'10".
Cheers,
Mat

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the comments.
Juicebuster - ah, if you only knew how difficult I find it to get even half-way appropriate music!
At least the music with the mantas is royalty free. Anyway, for me this u.w. video stuff is a strictly non-commercial hobby, and I probably don't do more than 50 dives in a year. However, every single time I've bought a DVD done by the "resident" video pro or guides from a trip (e.g. the Hurricane in the Red Sea, Kuredu in the Maldives, the Emperor boats, Fish'n'Fins in Palau....) it has had exclusively NON-royalty free music, even though it's being done for commercial purposes. Personally, I don't mind, but I figured if those guys can get away with it, whilst charging 50 euros/70 dollars per DVD, then why not total amateurs like me?!
Cheers,
Mat

·
Keep bustin' the Juice
410 Posts
Thanks for the comments.
Juicebuster - ah, if you only knew how difficult I find it to get even half-way appropriate music!
At least the music with the mantas is royalty free. Anyway, for me this u.w. video stuff is a strictly non-commercial hobby, and I probably don't do more than 50 dives in a year. However, every single time I've bought a DVD done by the "resident" video pro or guides from a trip (e.g. the Hurricane in the Red Sea, Kuredu in the Maldives, the Emperor boats, Fish'n'Fins in Palau....) it has had exclusively NON-royalty free music, even though it's being done for commercial purposes. Personally, I don't mind, but I figured if those guys can get away with it, whilst charging 50 euros/70 dollars per DVD, then why not total amateurs like me?!
Cheers,
Mat
google royalty free music
Try premiumbeat.com I get lgood stuff from there

1 - 8 of 8 Posts