YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it says on the tin - any recommendations for parental control software??

As my 7 year old is using the internet more & more I feel that I should have some sort of control over what he browses.

Richard

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
I found the BT browser works as well as any. My son is 10, and is supposed to go onto the internet using that browser. He then has to ask permission to access a website, but this can be done instantly by putting in a password. He has his own email address (but I can't easily get into it) but he can only email addresses i have given him permission to use, like mine, or his dad's. Once he has permission for a site, it stays, but it can be over turned. Yahoo has a specific section for kids, which is geared to universal games (i.e. simple ones) and homework type research.

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
Net Intelligence do one. It scans whatever anyone is doing on the machine it's installed on and provides a report to you. You can access that report from any computer anywhere in the world. You can also set access restrictions and time restrictions.

The best thing to do though is try as many as you can before you buy. Most s/w is available for download for trial and at least that way you end up with something useful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.