YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Sunday we became very proud parents to 2 girls. Bella is completely jet black, with a touch of silvering in her coat, and Carrie is a black and white Berkshire. For those of you who don't know rat breeds, this means she has a white star on her tummy, white feet and a pink tip on her tail. The rest of her is jet black. She has a tiny black spot in the centre of the star on her tummy. Champagne was well drunk that night!!! :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

G

·
Congratulations :cocktail:

I think YD needs to be reported for ratism.... if this post had been about cats, you'd've had untold responses. :teeth:

Corinne

·
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Congratulations :cocktail:

I think YD needs to be reported for ratism.... if this post had been about cats, you'd've had untold responses. :teeth:

Corinne
LOL! They are pedigree quality, so will be shown along with my other pedigrees. Yes, you really can get pedigree rats. Cat Felidae Comfort Carnivore Bombay

Rat Grey Fawn Comfort Rodent

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
I can cope with most creatures but rats.... eeek. I'm sure they are clever and cute but I prefer spider crabs. It's those long pink tails that get me.

Congratulations anyway, I'm sure your own "children" are always special!!

·
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks

Just had to pull out of competing in the Cleveland Agricultural Show too. A new rule has just come into force, there MUST be 14 days between rat shows, and as our next Scottish show is 5th August in Kirkintilloch, that's only 8 days between shows. To do with viruses etc. We decided to support our local venue and thus pull out of Cleveland. However we will still attend the Show although not compete.:frown: Pity as it's a National Show. My 2 new babies will be shown in August though, and we can compete in the next National Show in September in Carlisle. :teeth:

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
I admit I can not see myself admiring a rat, mice yes but rats - well I never know.. Apparently they are very clever creatures. I do like my chickens, dogs and fish. tommorow I should receive an incubator for the eggs. I hope to be a proud Dad soon! As a laugh I will try to hatch some eggs brought from the supermarket:)

·
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol

My rats are highly intelligent, and already Bella is trying to work out how to open the cage door. My others all know how to open their cage doors which is why they have to be pinned shut with strong clothes pegs. They can get the weaker pegs off without too much hassle - more than once have I come home to find escaped rats systematically chewing curtains, destroying potted plants and generally running amok.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.