YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam
13,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a good place to park for 3 days in Oban at the weekend? Preferably free :D but I don't mind paying. OK, I do mind paying but if it's walking distance to the North Pier then I can cope.

Cheers,

Stuart

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Co-op car park was still free last time I checked but be careful it is the Co-op you're parking in and not the Tesco next door as Tesco will give you a fine if you're there more than two hours.

Alternatively, I understand the Corran Halls (Concert Hall/Community Venue at very bottom of main road into Oban) car park is free.

Both are around 10 mins walk from the North Pier.

HTH

·
bored
2,308 Posts
Out by the tesco supermarket is a free(it was 18months ago) long stay car park, easy 10 minute walk along the front to the north pier. Though the Oban inn is just accross the street..............
I have used this car park a couple of times with no dramas, I have also parked by the corran hall, though space is more limited there.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Out by the tesco supermarket is a free(it was 18months ago) long stay car park, easy 10 minute walk along the front to the north pier. Though the Oban inn is just accross the street..............
I have used this car park a couple of times with no dramas, I have also parked by the corran hall, though space is more limited there.
It was free in October 2006 too.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Was up in Oban in Feb for a weekends diving and the Tesco now has Camera controlled parking with large signs about two hour maximum stay.

·
Registered
44 Posts
For the last 7 years, we have parked our minibus at the sports/leisure club, and have left it there all weekend - free of charge. (Bear left at the roundabout as you enter Oban). About a 10 min walk to the North Pier.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Was up in Oban in Feb for a weekends diving and the Tesco now has Camera controlled parking with large signs about two hour maximum stay.

The Tesco Car park has been limited to two hours for about 3 years. The Free Car park is next to Tesco, but at the point where you drive in from the main road. It is much smaller than the Tesco one. We have been leaving our cars there for the last few years without issue.

·
Getting Grumpy, Old and Twisted
3,115 Posts
Going up in June so it looks like me and my buddy will be calling on the services of our non-diving wives to act as taxi drivers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.