YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
It doesn't look like that from where I'm sitting..
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right,

I want to pay my guys on a Friday.

So, my payroll is done on a Wednesday... I should be able to then go online and transfer the money into their accounts so that it is 'cleared' for them on Friday.

Speak to my Bank about this.... Oh, no... it can take up to 4 working days for the money to clear. FFS.

So is there anything else they can do for me? No... not unless I pay for the service! Oh, Plllleeeeeessssseeee... how the hell can they charge me for moving cleared funds????

So, does anyone have any suggestions, or even bank recommendations 'cos LloydsTSB have p1ssed me off somewhat.

I will eventually go to monthly pay, but have a bit of resistance from the guys (they do like to go down the pub on a Friday, Saturday oh, and Sunday:teeth: )

Pete

·
A VS Cash Cow
17,832 Posts
where does the money actuallty go for 4 days? is not like they are actually carting cash from one bank to another, its all electronic.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
We use Lloyds and to be fair to them the money does move a lot faster than 4 days normally. I've seen in in my personal account the next day as long as I make the transfer before 3:30pm (obviously, all computers everywhere stop working at 3:30 ...)

Cheers, Chris

·
So much more than a child's play thing!
2,725 Posts
We use Lloyds and to be fair to them the money does move a lot faster than 4 days normally. I've seen in in my personal account the next day as long as I make the transfer before 3:30pm (obviously, all computers everywhere stop working at 3:30 ...)

Cheers, Chris
Thats the bit that really annoys me. I have an internet based account (One Account) that normally functions perfectly well. However if I want to transfer money after working hours or at a weekend I'm told it will have to wait until the next working day. It's an internet account FFS! there are no little men in bowlers running between branches, no pigeons with cleft sticks, no moving parts at all, just a stream of electrons from their computer to the destination computer [1]. I can transfer money within my account so why not outside. GAAHHHHHHHHH!

[1] I know this is not strictly the case but it will suffice for the illustration.

Gareth

G

·
Depending on how many guys you've got, but as you've just started, I'll assume that it's not lots of staff.

you could tell them of your bank probs, and ask them all and you to open a Barclays account, then using the online banking service, you can just transfer funds to them anytime you like instantly for free.

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
Depending on how many guys you've got, but as you've just started, I'll assume that it's not lots of staff.

you could tell them of your bank probs, and ask them all and you to open a Barclays account, then using the online banking service, you can just transfer funds to them anytime you like instantly for free.

Yeah..... good idea Jim...... ;) All these potential money launderers!

http://www.yorkshire-divers.com/forums/surface-interval/55764-barclays-online-banking-problem-4.html

·
It doesn't look like that from where I'm sitting..
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

They could all open up Lloyds accounts and have this happen... but why should I dictate which bank they should use?

I don't know... bloody Banks....

Pete

1 - 12 of 12 Posts