YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

hi all, is there anyone out there that owns and uses a data track memo mouse for their aladin computers. i use an aladin o2 with data track, i now have a problem with connecting it to my nice new lap  top computer. the data track normally connects via a standard serial port into the computer etc. my new lap top only has usb connectors on it. i know that u can buy serial port to usb adaptors for around £20, but does this work. has anyone else out there found the same problem.
many thanks daz thomson..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Imported post

seems like no one has the same problem. if anyone outthere does i have now resolved it. u need to purchase the adapter lead to convert usb port to serial, with the drivers for such. then go onto the uwatec website on download section there u will find a dovnload for modern computers using usb as the connection. free to download. my system is now up and running perfectly. ps dont ask uwatec  uk for help they are only intrested in making a fast buck. they offered me the same adapter for £130. i bought one for £26 delivered to my door in 2 days. :

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I have the same problem where my laptop is has only USB ports and the data link (Suunto that is - not Uwatec) is only serial port. I got an adapter still didn't work. In the end I gave up and only download on  the desktop computer.  Why they don't supply both USB and serial I don't know, they sure charge enough for them!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts