YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

PC Problem

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  John Holmes 
#1 ·
Imported post

Last couple of days on the site I have been experiencing a problem moving around the Forum,  50% of the attempts I'm getting the following message,   590 Unchunk Failure
Is it a common fault, or is it my system. Appreciate any help as I'm computer illiterate....

TOG Diver

#4 ·
Imported post

No I have had exactly the same problem with the same error message. I switched off AOL and went to Explorer and that sorted it out. If your on AOL maby thats the problem. AOL can be a bit fussey at times.

Mark Chase

#7 ·
Imported post

Okay chaps

Just been online with the AOL tech guys re this problem which affects both my desktop (Windows ME + AOL V6) and laptop (Win XP + V7) and guess what - they don't really seem to have a clue. If (as I'm doing now), you enter through Internet Explorer it seems to work fine.

They did suggest trying the following though I have to say I've done it on this this machine and it make no difference - got to try it on the XP lappy though.

Deleting the AOL Adaptor
Go to
Start, Programs, AOL, System Information, Utilities and delete the adaptor. You will need to reboot and then launch AOL again. It will then create a new adaptor and you will need to reboot again.

If anyone has any result with this method or with AOL techies please share it 'cos it's winding me up now !!

Cheers
Paul

(Edited by jjflash at 11:05 pm on Feb. 15, 2003)

#8 ·
Imported post

“Right” seem to have found a way round this problem for the moment.
I’m running AOL and have got the same prob.
So what I’m doing is. Opening AOL then minimise their home page, click on the big blue E Internet explorer and open that but through AOL. I prefer this way anyway.
Then go to http://www.seadart.net  enter their home page and on the left hand column there is a heading dive chat click on this and you are through to YD forum. It’s a long way round but it works the entire YD site.
I was going to bed an hour ago.
Cheers Bob.

(Edited by Seadart Bob at 1:19 am on Feb. 16, 2003)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.