YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Like a Pie-eating Ninja
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have one of these and use it for deco software? What other uses do you have for it? I am at upgrade time, Have an N73 now but wonder if I will get any more out of a PDA phone.

·
R.I.P.
5,709 Posts
Does anyone have one of these and use it for deco software? What other uses do you have for it? I am at upgrade time, Have an N73 now but wonder if I will get any more out of a PDA phone.

I've got a Nokia Smartphone and have Jdeco on it, although not the full licenced version. The bits that do work on it seem fine. You can download the unlicenced version for free from Jdeco and load it on, so you get an idea of what it's like....

·
Mad as a Haddock
2,206 Posts
I've just got a M3100 and plan on V-Planner and Belfields tide predictor. Previously I had a Treo650 with Jplan, Tide Tool and a mixer prog, oh and Aqua Log, now I just use Excel.
MM

·
Registered
115 Posts
Great bit of klit.
<beavis>Huhuhhuh, you said klit, heheh</beavis>

Mine's a HTC P3300, also marketed as the latest T-Mobile MDA Vario. It has a built-in GPS receiver, a 2 Mpixel camera, FM radio, and all the usual windows mobile apps. It runs GAP Lite. (GAP-Software)

Oh, and it can even make phone calls :teeth:

·
R.I.P.
5,709 Posts
I've just got a M3100 and plan on V-Planner and Belfields tide predictor. Previously I had a Treo650 with Jplan, Tide Tool and a mixer prog, oh and Aqua Log, now I just use Excel.
MM
Do you know if you can run Tom Tom software from this phone/pda? I'm due an upgrade soon, so seriously looking at getting something like this.....

·
Like a Pie-eating Ninja
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yep we did Janos, Thamks to everyone for the advice, Now to try and wring the last penny out of the phone company :)

·
Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,241 Posts
A few people here are talking about exactly the same phone - one which I hope to get myself next month.

Originally sold as a HTC Tytn or Hermes, it has been re-branded with a bit of cosmetics under a range of names now:

HTC Hermes / HTC TyTN / O2 XDA trion / T-Mobile MDA Vario II / Vodafone 1605 VPA Compact III / Orange SPV M3100 / Dopod CHT 9000 / Dopod 838 Pro / DoCoMo hTc Z / Qtek 9600 / iMate JasJam / Cingular 8525 / Swisscom XPA v1605 / SoftBank X01HT / Vodafone PDA 1605

Here is the phone: HTC: Products: HTC TyTN

If you Google HTC Hermes or HTC Tytn you will get a load of info on it. You will probably find it will run any mobile deco software you want, will get you to the site with Sat Nav software (should you choose to buy it) and will conveniently store the Hyperbaric number and all your next of kin should they be needed after the dive ;)

In all seriousness it does appear to be a serious bit of kit, I am just waiting to see how much O2 will charge for it (XDA Trion) before getting one elsewhere. All the main networks have the phone (well O2 are getting it allegedly this month), you just need to check what name they are punting it by.

·
Nefarious Activist
2,298 Posts
<snip>

In all seriousness it does appear to be a serious bit of kit, I am just waiting to see how much O2 will charge for it (XDA Trion) before getting one elsewhere. All the main networks have the phone (well O2 are getting it allegedly this month), you just need to check what name they are punting it by.
.</snip>
I hope it's more serious than the piece of garbage it replaced, the XDA Mini S, my partner has had no end of trouble with it, either the touchscreen doesn't work or the keyboard doesn't work, every few weeks it swaps over. I've just stopped using an XDA Exec, ok PDA capability but lousy as a phone. My partner has the XDA with built in Satnav (can't remember model) this one loves to munch electricity so doesn't last long. I certainly wouldn't have another XDA, now have an N95, no dive planning software but I still have my Simless XDA for that.

Ian

·
Make mine a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster.
1,763 Posts
Do you know if you can run Tom Tom software from this phone/pda? I'm due an upgrade soon, so seriously looking at getting something like this.....
I would think so, it will certainly run ALK CoPilot, which I rate as better than the version of TomTom that I had.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts