YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>OK guys, I've got a dive planned for Friday evening at the end of May, to do the Persier. It's one dive, from Eddystone Dive Charters with Pete Hambly.

Leave time 7pm at the latest. If we can make it earlier we will.

Basically, there's a few of us on the boat having fun before we do a wreck diving weekend with Ocean Divers and similar. There are 4 of us, I don't want to put more than 10 on the boat.

It's Sports or AOW as the wrecks's in 29m of water. Wreck Tour 52 on Divernet if you want to read about it. It's in their top 100 too.

We'll be doing our thing probably, you guys will be buddied up either beforehand or on the day with someone suitably experienced. Solo diving may be possible, but best to PM me if you really want to, as I've not checked with Pete.

Cost will be a tenner each if we put 10 on it. If there's less, cost goes up a little.

So, let the fun begin. The list will be:

1. Digger + 3
5. Doug Parker + 1 (Simon Venney)
7. MDemon (John)
8. Adrian Kelland
9. John's matey?
10. Odin?

If anyone wants to go down as a possible or reserve (John and Odin are getting back to me, so it's possible) please post on here. I will get round to putting you on the list.

***As per usual you dive at your own risk, and I take no responsibility for your dive, your plan, your equipment, or making tea afterwards when we're all very smug. You MUST be qualified to dive this wreck, I need to see a card/book with qualification to dive to this depth. I will not take any excuses. In the event of non-payment, I'll be after you, as I'm sure will Pete, and we'll not be happy when we find you. Thanks.***

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Doug, got your PM. I've got you down, and held the place for John until he posts/PMs.

How fast was that? About a 30 second turnaround!

Looks like places will go fast or this dive guys, so get in early if you're thinking about it.

Digs.

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

Go on then, you twisted my arm, put me down as no 10.

Never done the Persier in the evening.

Adrian

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Adrian, you're down as No.7, let alone no.10!

Should be easy enough as a dive, relaxed evening and a few pints afterwards if anyone wants to come along.

John, I promise I won't get the girls down hitting you again!
 If it makes you feel any better, they all said you were a really nice guy...

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Come on, roll up, roll up! The Digger express is leaving this station in a few hours time!

Can anyone else tell how much work I have to do by the amount of time I spend on YD?

I read all of that GI3 lecture this morning. Yadda yadda yadda...

·
Banned
7,008 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>hmm tempting
but I'm on my way to porthkerris that day

and out on petes boat the weekend after

you'll have a great time if the weather is good

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Digger @ April 21 2004,12:20)]John, I promise I won't get the girls down hitting you again!
 If it makes you feel any better, they all said you were a really nice guy...
Erm...they were hitting each other!  Still, if you're going to get abducted, might as well be by mad fighting women  

Nice?  Doh!  Bang goes my reputation...  

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Should be good. The Percia is a lovely wreck, shame I can't join you as I'll be preparing to present my dissertation.

Pete's got a new tail lift fitted to his boat over the winter. I was supposed to be diving with him last month but got blown out.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Nice, I've not dived off his boat before, but the reccommendations are all good so far. We're doing diving from our RIBs for the rest of the weekend, turns out it's much harder to get a charter boat on the south coast on a bank holiday than they make out!!!

If anyone needs accommodation, there will be space at Pete's on Friday night, we've got the place to ourselves from Friday to Monday. There's 3 places I think free, £12 per night including continental. I'm happy to have any YDers in with us, beers a plenty friday night!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>There's a Whitherspoons a short distance from Pete's house heading back out of town, standard food, cheap beer. Into town is a 15 - 20 min walk & a 5 min taxi ride home after curry and beer. Pam (Pete's wife) does a lovely bit of food & will do you a packed lunch cheapely if you ask.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Have fun on the persier guys!

I've dove it a few times and like the man said, its heaving with fish!

As regards Pete, I'm diving and staying with him for a weekend at the end of june - he's a top skipper - third year in a row with him now.

Enjoy, Stu.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Right then, 2 spaces left. Any takers?

I don't want to have to advertise this on Divernet, so roll up, roll up!

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Just bumping this, as I've just been down to see Pete and the boat, and it's a big boat. Nice lift in the back for you girlies and twinset monkeys, and Pete was a really nice guy.

Any more yokels for this shandy-drinking gig? We've got one, possibly 2 spaces left. The boat is big enough for 12 easily, but who wants to wait for a coffee after diving?

Digs.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Imported post

Can I provisionally say yes please?
SWMBO is in London today. So... I did the washing, shopping hoovered, cut the hedge and mowed the lawns - just to get enough Brownie points!
I can let you know definately tomorrow. Even going to take her out for a drinkie and a chinese tonight!
Cheers,
Paul

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Digger @ April 24 2004,13:27)]Just bumping this, as I've just been down to see Pete and the boat, and it's a big boat. Nice lift in the back for you girlies and twinset monkeys, and Pete was a really nice guy.

Any more yokels for this shandy-drinking gig? We've got one, possibly 2 spaces left. The boat is big enough for 12 easily, but who wants to wait for a coffee after diving?

Digs.
You didn't even say hello as you passed  

You keep calling us yokels, you'll find out how far the swim is!

Bloody norvern munkie

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>OK Odin, I'll hang onto the place. So we've basically filled the boat if our possibles say yes. Nice.

No need to advertise this one on DNet then. Thank the lord.

Adrian, I was in a bit of a rush to get down and get back, had a few other things to fit in. WOrked out just nicely as it was, but to stop for a cup of tea would have thrown my best laid plans all over the place! We'll have a pint after the dive, should be a nice summers evening hopefully...

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Digger @ April 24 2004,19:56)]Adrian, I was in a bit of a rush to get down and get back, had a few other things to fit in. WOrked out just nicely as it was, but to stop for a cup of tea would have thrown my best laid plans all over the place! We'll have a pint after the dive, should be a nice summers evening hopefully...
I'd have been out any way. Ha!

Got to earn those brownie points as per Odin.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts