YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife used to have a Nokia ??. Her company has changed her 'phone to a HTC Desire C which she seems happy with.
However her job requires her to be on standby out of hours and this entails receiving texted alerts. She cannot find an alert on her new 'phone that she likes. She used to have a 'jazzy piano' thingy on her last 'phone.

Looking for advice to find out if it is possible to either transfer her old one to the new one via bluetooth say or to download text alerts in the way you can do with ring tones.
Anybody with knowledge of this can tell me if A/ it's possible and B/ if it is how to do it. (transfer or download).

Any help appreciated. Thanks'.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does. It's the tune she can't get. Wants the same as old 'phone but it isn't on the new one.

·
A VS Cash Cow
17,832 Posts
tell her not to be a fussy old moo and be happy she's got a new phone....

i take no responsibility for the outcome of that line but feel free to report back how it went. :)

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL. The problem is the old alert went on long enough to wake her at night where the new ones just make a noise and switch off so she misses important alerts.
She is survey manager on a large civil engineering project and needs to monitor remote survey alerts so quite important!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Is the tone on her old phone an MP3 file or a nokia tone?

If its an MP3 use a free app like "Handsent" or "tone picker"

Copy the tone from her old phone and put it on the new one, activate it with the app and job should be good

·
A VS Cash Cow
17,832 Posts
You do realise, that by offering to help find a solution its now 'your fault' when there isn't a solution.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep. That's married life for you!!
Trouble is she asked me for a solution assuming I could answer the question. As I can't I have now been deputed as 'tech guru #1'.
So here I am lol.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Connect old phone to Laptop/PC.
Find ring tones/alerts etc.
Drag from phone to Laptop/PC.
Disconnect old phone.
Connect new phone.
Drag from Laptop/PC into new phone's ring tone/alert file.
Diconnect.
Access file in new phone, enable it, and Robert is your mother's brother.

I'm a Luddite but this works for me!

·
Registered
329 Posts
If the above fails, download 'Zedge' from the Play store (free) and she can choose some new sounds. There are quite a few longer message tones on there.

·
Registered
706 Posts
or, put the old phone next to the PC microphone, text it, record the ringtone and save as an mp3, then install that on the new phone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts