YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few which I took. There were many more, including some embarrasing ones of me which I am sure will be arriving shortly :)

Proof that you don't need DIR rig to dive with a scooter; Howard with BCD & Split Fins :)

Another of Howard with his Split Fins :D

Howard with Simon, either working out Frog Kicks or something else...

Howard showing what happens with his trim when he gets out of his Evolve and Jets.

Wilbo just under the surface

Thanks everyone, I had a ball.

·
Madame Wheelie-Bin
5,067 Posts
Good pics, Gloc.

Though you've not said much about the weekend!!!

It was the Discover DIR (Southern Version) this weekend. Run by Gloc, Garf with Wilbo on camera! David was there, as was Fiona. Diving Niknaks was there to answer some questions too though didn't get wet.

Now here's the test of memory! Who was there? Um? Adrian K, Gav, Scuttler, Jimbob, Lloyd W and Simon, and I'm sure there was one other diving, but I can't remember! Sorry! Matti was there too but stayed dry, like me! :angel:

It was a really interesting and fun day. Learning lots of things and laughing far too much! They did two dives, both filmed by Wilbo (or maybe NOT!?!?) to show the poor divers where they're going wrong! :teeth:

Then in the evening we all went back to Gloc's for a BBQ. It was a good day and Howard turned up half way through the evening as he was joining the others for the dives on Sunday.

I recommend one of these sessions if anyone can make it! Garf, Gloc, HP and Wilbo make up a hilarious comedy act, as well as being very interesting "teachers". :teeth:

Thanks to everyone for a great day. It was nice to meet you all, and special thanks to Gloc for letting us abuse his home! I hope you all managed to get a little sleep!

Well done Gloc and Garf for organizing it! Much appreciated!

Am I Haagen Daas now or Chimp B*tch????? :embarassed:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hopefully one of those who were in the mentoring groups will post a report of what they experienced, but in the meantime I would like to say a huge thanks to Garf, Gareth and Howard for organising the weekend - fantastic job, these guys are ambassadors for the sport, regardless of your leanings style wise.

Thanks to Wilbo and David for their roles on Video and Safety (and to Wilbo for the loan of the Xerotherms - sorry about the damp patch! :embarasse )

It was good to meet a number of YD'ers whom I hadn't met before and to meet again some that I had.

I learnt a lot from the discussions that went on between dives and in the evening, including the fact that GLOC can't cook a BBQ! ;) (although he's a very hospitable host! :) )

If there's another one run then I would thoroughly recommend it, and in the meantime I'm sure any of the people mentioned would happily provide help and advice where they can!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good day

It was a really great fun.
Nice to meet you all guys.

You did put a lot of effort for us to see what dir is about which is great.
Hope to stay around and dive together when the time comes.
Next time I will be in the water too...

I was really impressed with the friendly atmosphere.
GLOC you did the best underwater pictures I've ever seen, and had the
worst BBQ technique as well...

Pure fun guys. See u all

Maciej

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was really impressed with the friendly atmosphere.
GLOC you did the best underwater pictures I've ever seen,
Thanks.
and had the worst BBQ technique as well...

Pure fun guys. See u all

Maciej
Git :D

I can't be good at everything, I leave that to Garf!

Glad you enjoyed yourself Mac and hopefully we will see you around some more. Keep your eyes peeled for a bigger gig in the Spring at Vobster.

Regards

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How early will you have to be in the queue for that one! :( :D
Me, probably quite early, but then if you use my directions, it is only 45 mins to Vobster not the 1hr 45mins which Wilbo takes!! I think we will try and get something arranged with Vobster to make it a little easier if we are going to have a big push there.

Regards

·
Registered
666 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.