Following the success of the trip PeeBee arranged last week, I have decided to take myself back to the Mulberries, and have again spoken with Di regarding chartering the Wittering Divers RIB, specifically for photographers.
This is only provisional, so if the numbers don't look good in the next couple of days I'll just be booking on as a normal diver, assuming they run the trip.
For an idea of what it was like last weekend, check the following links (I hope Pete and Alex don't mind).
As you all know, we UW photographers have 'special needs', like lots of space, so I again intend to limit this to 8.
Ropes off is a leisurely 11am.
We have 2 choices;
- Book the boat as a normal dive, but limit the numbers. This would be Bracklesham launch, so loading off the beach. We would also have to fit in with their schedule, as they have an afternoon dive planned. £30 a head based on 8
- Charter the boat like last time, allowing us to launch from Itchenor pier (thus easier loading), and have more time on site, as she would cancel her afternoon dive. £40 a head based on 8. The disadvantage with this is a much longer motor out, as we have to navigate Chichester harbour at 8 knots Max.
We wouldn't have such a big slack window as last time, however, due to it not being neaps. So, really long first dive, or 2 shorter ones. The boat does need to be back for an evening dive though.
Currently, the preferred option is for the single dive off of the beach, so £30 a head.
I will be booking to go on it anyway, but if the numbers are right, then a 'togs only' trip worked really well last time.
This filled very quickly last time, and I know a couple were disappointed they missed out.
- You book, you pay.
- If you cannot come, you either;
- Find someone to fill the spot
- Pay for your spot
If you don't like the rules, don't put your name down. Sorry to sound harsh, but it's the first trip I have tried arranging, and I'm not asking for deposits, just your word
An I will name and shame any transgressors who leave me out of pocket
I can hold spots for a couple of days, but really need to firm this up with Di by Weds evening/Thurs AM.
I will be offering this to a couple of other people as well, on some of the UW photo forums, but YD is on 'first dibs' as it were