YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a filter for Adobe Photoshop that can deal with backscatter?

I have a couple of pictures from my last trip that would be fantastic if it weren't for the snow!

Cheers.

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>John - if you email me a jpg of one of the shots i'll get one of my designers to have a look and see if he can suggest something.

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Imported post

John - I dont think there is such an animal. You may have to clone out the backscatter. This will take some time but it will be worth it if the pic is that good

·
Registered
224 Posts
Imported post

http://doa2.host.sk/

this is a link for kazaa light

kazaa is a file sharing program, you can get just about any piece of popular software, that is craked or passwords added

i got photoshop7 on it, and if you do a serch on photoshop you can get hundreds of addons

note
most of the software is pirated/cracked use this program as your morrals dictate

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

Hi,

I've been working on this, so far with zero success. There is no "pattern" to the noise (back scatter) and a lot of it is saturated. I think it is impossible. I have tried a median filter then run a top hat sharpen which improves the image but not enough. I tried a find edges then averaged this with the origional, then a subtract and this nearly worked. Basically I have given up and decided to improve the images which I can.

Sorry John, but if the noise is random, it presents a real problem for software.

Andrew

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steve-k @ Mar. 30 2003,18:49)]http://doa2.host.sk/

this is a link for kazaa light
Aaaaarrrrggg!!!!!!!
Nooooooooo.......

If you really must use P2P software use WinMX as this is "spyware" free, use "Kazaa" or Kazaalite" and you're opening up your   'puta to a world of hurt.  

If you still aren't persuaded to avoid it, at least get some info before putting it on your machine, start here and check out the posting by  Audiodood he know's what he's talking about.

Chee-az
steve
PS same goes for Grokster etc, and if you're going to do this make sure you up your specs on your PC security, you'll find all the info you need via other pages and forums on the link above

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Imported post

or this:  http://www.digitaldiver.info/yabbse/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=770

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

Thanks for all the info people.

I don't use P2P software - my PC is for my use only.

I've used the 'rubber stamp' tool on some of the shots which is adequate.

I borrowed a Nik 5 and 102 strobe to take the shots and its a steep learning curve to getting decent pics, particularly getting the lighting right.  The fruits of my labours will be available on the board soon.

Cheers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts