YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made some pickled onions just over a year ago and it comes time to try them. Personally I have been a little scared to get them out as I found out I used to much "spice".(4x infact)
Well, god damm they are hot. Makes the strong ones from the shop taste of water.

View attachment 11796

·
Registered
847 Posts
They look good! Think you've inspired me to knock up a batch of them.

I spent today experimenting with Indian food. Made Paneer which worked way better than I expected and then made Daal with the whey as a base which was also pretty damn good. Saag Paneer or a Paneer Butter Masala tomorrow I think.

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
They look good! Think you've inspired me to knock up a batch of them.

I spent today experimenting with Indian food. Made Paneer which worked way better than I expected and then made Daal with the whey as a base which was also pretty damn good. Saag Paneer or a Paneer Butter Masala tomorrow I think.
Lime pickle is easy to make too.

Must pickle some eggs sometime. SWMBO dislikes them, so all for me :D

·
The Maltese Pea Cake
1,378 Posts
I made some pickled onions just over a year ago and it comes time to try them. Personally I have been a little scared to get them out as I found out I used to much "spice".(4x infact)
Well, god damm they are hot. Makes the strong ones from the shop taste of water.

View attachment 11796
Wow...pokey looking!! I would love to try one. Stick one in the post please!!!
Cheers

·
I love Justin Bieber
772 Posts
Must pickle some eggs sometime. SWMBO dislikes them, so all for me :D

Had pickeled eggs with my tea, pickel them with usual spices, plus.......wait for it........2 spoons per Jar......HARISSA PASTE!!!

Just Yummy, posted some to my son on his last tour in Afghan, the RSM tried one & fined him 3 Jars!! Had to post extra :D

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,983 Posts
Thank you for reminding me that I have pickled onions in the fridge :thumbsup:
They went down a treat with my pizza :p

·
All we wanted was a home... Manics
4,553 Posts
wow I think you discovered the cure for the common cold!!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

View attachment 11796
Oh my god they look gorgeous, all you need is tiger bread, some beef and you have one kicking sandwich!!

·
Team HPDW Cake Queen.
3,550 Posts
I used to make home made pickled onions. They were hot as hell and even with a strong chedder we used to cry our way through a meal !

I do chutney now - it's kinder :)

·
Registered
139 Posts

View attachment 11796
You did not post any to germany by any chance there is an unknown vegetable incident there i believe

1 - 20 of 24 Posts