YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Nice pics. Doesn't look like you were close enough to need one but did you use a strobe. I'm just trying to justify spending the £140 for the nice Fuji one.
P.S what was the coldest water temp you had. I fly out Sunday to Malta and have never dived there this early in the year before.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, so strobe, just the little diffuser thing that comes with the housing so that you dont get a shadow in the corner.

water temp was 17/18 deg C i was in a 5mm semidry and was ok, got a bit cold on one of the shallow dives but it was very cloudy and a bit merky. Wind was balmy and we were struggling to get dives in as most sites were blown out.

should have the rest of the pics up later today, some using the macro mode

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
im looking at the f30 with the housing myself!

as it does give some stunning results !what did u pay for it steve and where did u get it from !

pm me if ya would !!

best wishes leigh

·
Beach-bum-Blonde Mafia ;o)
6,935 Posts
Nice pics. Doesn't look like you were close enough to need one but did you use a strobe. I'm just trying to justify spending the £140 for the nice Fuji one.
P.S what was the coldest water temp you had. I fly out Sunday to Malta and have never dived there this early in the year before.

Cheers
Outlaw

The temp has just nudged up one to 19 degrees.

I'm still in my drysuit with arctic thermals, and it's quite blowy at the moment, but the sun is :sun: .

Sue

·
Can't dive as much as I would like!
164 Posts
I have an F31fd on order, you can get the complete package from Cameras Underwater for £300 including camera, housing, case & 512k Memory.

I ordered mine from SDS and paying a little more as price was greater when ordered.

Visit fujifilm.co.uk they have a link to a review from Ch5's Gadget show which voted the camera best.

Hope this helps.

·
Mark Milburn
4,076 Posts
The F30 is a cracking camera, but in my opinion the underwater mode isn't as good as using it with a manual colour balance, I use the F10 and don't have an underwater mode. I have played with other cameras and they all work better in manual colour balance mode.

Also when trying to do wide angle shots the first purchase should be a wide ange lens, the wider the better.

Keep up the good work.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
I have an F31fd on order, you can get the complete package from Cameras Underwater for £300 including camera, housing, case & 512k Memory.

I ordered mine from SDS and paying a little more as price was greater when ordered.

Visit fujifilm.co.uk they have a link to a review from Ch5's Gadget show which voted the camera best.

Hope this helps.
I have just bought the s6500fd, which effectively is a F31D with a large optical zoom (300mm equiv) and a few other features.

I don't plan on using it UW, but the quality is very, very good for a camera of this price, so you'll be pleasently surprised with the output.

I took it out on the boat on Sunday and took a few photos, there are a couple of good ones, but some aweful ones there to - playing around with settings, etc.

I never used to rate Fuji, but they really seem to have got their act together with the cameras they have produced over the past couple of years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts