YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i`ve been searching for the deck plans for the Polish vessel Pilsudski,i`ve been down several lines but to no joy as of yet.
Can anyone help me out PLEASE ?
We are planning to dive this vessel this summer and need a good idea of areas etc to penertrate.
i`ve several detailed photos of the vessel but no plans.
all the best Steve

·
Registered
298 Posts
i`ve been searching for the deck plans for the Polish vessel Pilsudski,i`ve been down several lines but to no joy as of yet.
Can anyone help me out PLEASE ?
We are planning to dive this vessel this summer and need a good idea of areas etc to penertrate.
i`ve several detailed photos of the vessel but no plans.
all the best Steve

You'll be lucky, a bit of bow and a bit of stern and flat in between apart from the engines.

Sorry to disapoint but you won't need a plan, you can swim between the bow and stern and back its a bit of a swim.

Cheers

Richard Green

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
You'll be lucky, a bit of bow and a bit of stern and flat in between apart from the engines.

Sorry to disapoint but you won't need a plan, you can swim between the bow and stern and back its a bit of a swim.

Cheers

Richard Green
Richard
I dont think you have dived the stern?the shower cubicles and much more are still very intact.(or they were last year.)
cheers
Mark

·
Registered
298 Posts
Dive Yorkshire 1988 gives a good description;

extract

Most prominent is the bow section which is laid over to port at about 45degrees, and broken off just aft of the focsle. Three seperate decks can be seen and entered though extreme caution must be exercised. There are toilets and showers still in place , with large tiled areas. The bows stand some 9m from the sea bed but aft of this the wreck is much lower and broken up.

The stern section stands almost upright some 5m proud of the sea bed and is partialy buried with neither of the ships propellors showing above the sand and shingle.

There's a bit more info but thats the most important.

Cheers

Riuchard Green

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Hi.
The Pilsudski apart from the lobsters is the most overrated wreck on the east coast.

But I suppose every diver should dive it at least ONCE!.

·
The worlds slowest sailor.
2,970 Posts
Hi.
The Pilsudski apart from the lobsters is the most overrated wreck on the east coast.

was going out this summer-after reading this i think i'll give it a miss.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
There’s a barge full of cement bags out that way as well ,
Take your pick , both are crap , dived to death 15/20 years ago ,
It’s a long way out for SFA
But if you must , then have fun :teeth:

·
Respected Wreck-diving Author & Resident Farnes Ex
666 Posts
Hi.

Hi Ray
If that is over rated what about the SOMALI; nice for a rummage though :)

Ron

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Hi Ray
If that is over rated what about the SOMALI; nice for a rummage though :)

Ron
At least there is something to rummage through on the Somali!.

And it is 78 miles nearer.:teeth:

It sounds like SOLODIVER 2001 wants to join the growing band of divers wanting to dive the East coast wrecks this year from my boat and also Ivon's boat out of Hornsea! , he says he has just put a 200hp Merc on his. Those 40 mile trips should just get interesting......

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
pilsudski

It sounds like SOLODIVER 2001 wants to join the growing band of divers wanting to dive the East coast wrecks this year from my boat and also Ivon's boat .

RAY thanks for the invite but we got are own boat with lift,and have been diving the East cost for many a year now.
all i wanted was to try and get hold of deck plans!
all the best and thanks for all your help.

Steve

·
East coast, think I dive there !
1,993 Posts
Yep Ray, what do you recon, 200HP so Pilsudski in under an hour? :)

Come on viz were itching!

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Yep Ray, what do you recon, 200HP so Pilsudski in under an hour? :)

Come on viz were itching!
You will need a tender behind to carry the extra fuel, that will slow you down.

Stick to 25 kts and it wont cost as much, with a *** break at the rigs for quarter of an hour.

Looking out today over the cliffs the shit band seems to be about 1 mile off shore, a bit more settled weather and we will be diving. I have some some extremely interesting wrecks on my list.

I don't think we have any look and take only memories divers on our prospective YD list who are up for virgin wrecks!.....:embarassed:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Looking out today over the cliffs the shit band seems to be about 1 mile off shore, a bit more settled weather and we will be diving. I have some some extremely interesting wrecks on my list.

I don't think we have any look and take only memories divers on our prospective YD list who are up for virgin wrecks!.....:embarassed:
Oh yes, tell us more!!!!

Ill reverse the blade on my hacksaw - honest.

·
East coast, think I dive there !
1,993 Posts
You will need a tender behind to carry the extra fuel, that will slow you down.

Stick to 25 kts and it wont cost as much, with a *** break at the rigs for quarter of an hour.

It should give better economy than the last engine as long as it's not thrashed.

You know I'm still up for mid weeks at the mo so give me a shout when your out.
virgin wrecks ! ! ! are there any left in range out of our part of the east coast ?
Yep, about 18 ;)

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Oh yes, tell us more!!!!

Ill reverse the blade on my hacksaw - honest.
If you or anybody else wants to go on the East Coast list for dives out of Brid/Hornsea send me your e:mail.

·
Registered
67 Posts

Follow the coils of steel wire between the bow and stern, to make sure you don't miss it!

Here's a link, little information though;
wrecksite wreck database

Reactions: RichardGreen
1 - 20 of 42 Posts