286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pirate ship Live just started now on
Channel 5

·
Registered
439 Posts
Not very good

So far I'm not impressed with the delivery. June Sarpong is acting like a Blue Peter reject, Vic Reeves seems to be completely clueless and finally, in the water there's that muppet who failed to find any basking sharks but they screened the programme anyway.

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
I put it off after they said something along the lines of 'here we have a historic moment unfolding... we will be back after the break'.

The guy underwater has about as much diving skill as one of my open water students and that women is about as exciting as watching grass grow. :frown:

Very disappointing - i had been looking forward to that all week.

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
I watched Supernatural on ITV2 20 seconds after Vic Reeves opened his gob :)

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
And Vic Reeves wins the award for getting the word concretion into a conversation the most times in 10 minutes..

·
never odd or even
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thankfully it has now finished.
Thought it was going to be better than that.
Sorry folks

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
Hehe - I wouldn't have known it was on if you hadn't have posted it. It gave me a good laugh watching Vic Reeves stumble through a live broadcast, having absolutely no idea what to say :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Phew, seems I may have had a lucky escape, been looking forward to that but missed it due to general ineptitude. Was it worth tracking down a copy to watch at all?

Cheers, Ben.

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Where's Miranda Krestovnikoff when we really need her?????
now yer talking..!

I only saw the first half.. couldn't stomach the rest

honestly - fancy organising and sponsoring this dig only to put two people who have no interest or experience in the field into the presenting roles.. The diving presenter was in the water playing the role of spare part at a wedding.. The thing that made me laugh most was they we on a dig - of a wreck that sank 300 odd years ago - and yet when they were raising the first item - the lead - one of the support divers was kicking the shit out of the top of the site with his fins!

Shame really - they (C5) could have done much better..

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
I don't get British TV where I am but I'm interested if anyone noticed who did the u/water camerawork and was it any good?
to be honest - from what I saw (and I didn't see the credits) it looked pretty shoddy - or rather amateur - is a better term. The director didn't really have a handle on what was happening - and the underwater 'presenter' was quiet for most of the in water time that I saw. The camera man didn't really know what was going on as he panned around somewhat erratically sometimes.

·
Beach-bum-Blonde Mafia ;o)
6,935 Posts
I don't get British TV where I am but I'm interested if anyone noticed who did the u/water camerawork and was it any good?
Mr Berk

The TV guide pages are here the camermen are listed as Simon and Roger (Roger Munns of Scuba Zoo is credited for the pics) in the 'Under The Sea' section.

I didn't see it either :D and am probably glad I didn't ;)

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
The TV guide pages are here the camermen are listed as Simon and Roger (Roger Munns of Scuba Zoo is credited for the pics) in the 'Under The Sea' section.
They are the people who did Montys Great Ocean Adventures 2 if I remember correctly. I think for the underwater sections they had rather a difficult job, as given the time contraints the divers probably didnt want them anywhere near what they were try to get done under pressure.
The other thing that annoys me immensely about these programmes is how the chatter box presenters wont let the experts finish what they are saying but just butt in. Twice the black hat guy tried to explain why they were called pieces of eight and twice that silly cow interrupted.:angry:

·
Sub-optimal DIR wannabe
1,038 Posts
I have to agree with the Vic Reeves and turning in 20 secs. Actually that was impressive I lasted about 10!

Reeves: Where are you now
Diver: Just entering the water
SPLASH
Immediately after splash
Reeves: What can you see?
Diver: A rope

Me: Get this s***e out ma hoose!!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Mis-casts

I think it was all done to coincide with the release of the latest `Pirates of the Carribean`

In the event, what a complete and utter load of bollox. Still Vic and his sidekicks earned a few bob and a trip to New England out of it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts