YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Madame Wheelie-Bin
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning!

I'm afraid I'm one of these people who read the last few pages of a book when I'm about half way through it! I like a happy ending and always want to know if the hero/heroine lives! :embarassed:

So, has anyone seen the film? I'm going this afternoon and wanted to know if it was any good or will I be disappointed? The first was fab, the second had it's amusing bits in it, but not enough Depp, so does the third make up for the second or is it a downhill slippery slope? 168 minutes is a long time to sit and be bored and who knows what I'll do with the popcorn if I get bored!?!

Opinions gladly received, please?

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
I shall look forward to a review. I am planning on taking Master Scubee later in the week (I haven't checked, but he assures me it is a 12A). All my club divers who should have been diving in Portland today are going to see it this morning.

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
My boy went to see it yesterday and said it was very good.

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
its a good film is pirates of the caribean 3 !
u will enjoy the thrills and spills !
great special effects too ! and what more can i say about kiera knightly than !
mwaaaahhhhh !!woo hoo

·
Madame Wheelie-Bin
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its a good film is pirates of the caribean 3 !
u will enjoy the thrills and spills !
great special effects too ! and what more can i say about kiera knightly than !
mwaaaahhhhh !!woo hoo
Sod Kiera, what about Johnny??????

Oh well, I'll let you know!

And Scubee, it'd better be a 12A cos I'm taking my daughter and she's 11! Oops! Hadn't thought of that! Good job she looks older really!

·
For some bizarre reason....
6,296 Posts
Nice film, I didn't rate it as highly as the other two (still worth seeing tho), but lots of action and special effects. Lots of love sub-plots. Get to see capt. JS's dad too, and you will see the family resemblance! The wedding scene is a bit ott - but then what would you expect!

And some scenes of extreme cruelty to animals......

Hey ho.... or should that be Yo Ho!

Cheers, Paul

·
Madame Wheelie-Bin
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, just got back from seeing it.

In all honesty? They should've just stuck to making the first one and left it at that!

Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy it and there's one scene where there's about 35 Capt Jack Sparrows! Bloody fantastic. You can never get enough Johnny Depp, and for the men my brother said it was worth it for Kiera!

So, would I recommend it? Yes, I reckon I would. Was very swashbuckling and full of great effects! And full of lots of Jack Sparrows - oops sorry, have I already mentioned that? :angel:

Thanks for your input everyone!

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Well, we won't be going tomorrow. Master Scubees behaviour this evening does not warrant a trip out. Which is a shame, because i was quite looking forward to it.

Hey ho - maybe if he sorts himself out he might redeem himself to go next weekend.

·
Madame Wheelie-Bin
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, we won't be going tomorrow. Master Scubees behaviour this evening does not warrant a trip out. Which is a shame, because i was quite looking forward to it.

Hey ho - maybe if he sorts himself out he might redeem himself to go next weekend.
Know where you're coming from! You could really show him and go without him?!? Or is that cruel?

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Know where you're coming from! You could really show him and go without him?!? Or is that cruel?
I can't leave him home alone - he's only 10! Mind you - it's tempting to use Tuesday to go - I have a day off work to go diving, and unless there is improvement tomorrow, it will probably be blown out. He will be at his dad's.... hmmmm - there's a thought ;)

·
Registered
755 Posts
Yep, a thoroughly enjoyable film.

If you go see it don't forget to sit through the five or more minutes of credits at the end......there's a final scene after them!

·
dedicated shirker
1,052 Posts
well i thought it was around a half hour too long and not as funny as other 2 movies but had some pleasant twists and surprises. would recomend but take a cushion for your numb bum by the end

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Saw it last Saturday. I lost the plot way back but was fun.

The best part by far other than the pretty lass were the Stone Crabs, although I did see some walking forward rather than sideways.

A long movie so don't drink that much at the start of the film.:teeth:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts