YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
No longer a Scapa Virgin
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I know i'm leaving myself wide open to ridicule but what the 'eck!

I took this photo a couple of weeks ago of Plymouth and have been trying to alter it in PS but as is widely known I haven't got a bl***y clue what i'm doing:embarassed:

How would you improve it. I'm not pretending for one minute it's a good photo but I thought it might be a good one to use as an exercise in manipulation!

If anyone has any ideas please feel free to try 'em but please let me know what you did!

Reactions: yazzyfooty

·
No longer a Scapa Virgin
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would be so proud if I had managed to take a picture like that why do you want to fiddle with it?
Thanks for the compliment, I was thinking along the lines of mainly removing the scatter, i've seen it done on other shots but without an idiot proof explanation as to how!

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
itell ya what paul the things ya can do with ps is endless!!

just have a play and use ur imagination !!

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
Wow. I never knew urchins have tentacles.....

Nice pic, and back scatter gives it authenticity..... :teeth:

·
Registered
4,039 Posts

Paul, I used the spot healing brush (4th icon down on the tool window). Then I got bored of doing the dark background so picked the brush, selected black and 60% opacity and started painting. Then auto levels, tweaked the mid point a little to suit my eye, then increased saturation to bring a bit more colour. Unsharp mask at 100% and 1 pixel and 0 threshold to finish.

Hope you like,

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
9,720 Posts

Paul, I used the spot healing brush (4th icon down on the tool window). Then I got bored of doing the dark background so picked the brush, selected black and 60% opacity and started painting. Then auto levels, tweaked the mid point a little to suit my eye, then increased saturation to bring a bit more colour. Unsharp mask at 100% and 1 pixel and 0 threshold to finish.

Hope you like,

Cheers

Paul
looks good that paul ! weve go a thread like take hart lol

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Okay, here is my attempt :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts