YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi all.

I've decided to have a crack at building an o2 analyser using cordes/sabines etc methods and wondered if any of you nice guys would mind passing on a used sensor when you next changed?

Would be much appreciated as I wouldn't break a new one then

Postage and beer gladly offered as compensation.

Cheers, Stu.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>stu,
just waiting for 3 cells from cornwall as soon as they arrive your welcome to one of the old ones.

cheers
barrie

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Thanks Barrie, best assemble the rest of me bits an' pieces!!

Stu.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Imported post

Oxycheq do a much simpler analyser kit called the El Cheapo II. It comes with everything you need, all the parts including the case and sensor lead plus a R17D Teledyne sensor for $100US. Including import taxes and paying £7 for the pleasure of the Robbing Mail delivering it (I thought that was what the stamps were for in the first place) it came to about £60. As the cheapest I've seen the sensor for in the UK is £45 it is quite a bargain.

The analyzer design is dead simple, far simpler than the Cordes one. All it involves is the replacement of a resistor and addition of a pot, it takes about 40min to assemble. I've used them in my RB handset.

www.oxycheq.com

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Cheers stuart, I had looked at them but maybe I didnt pay enough attention to exchange rates...

I'll have to do another comparisson.

Stu. (Tightarse)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts