YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wouldn't normally ask this, but in this instance it's a worthy cause and you don't have to pledge money, just help by clicking a webline.

GREERG - The Greenland Shark and Elasmobranch Education and Research Group (based in Canada) and respected author and diver Jeffrey Gallant could do with your help. They want to launch the World's first online Greenland Shark Monitoring System and simply need votes. Please follow the link to the Aviva Community Fund website. Voting for Round 1 has begun and projects with the most votes will make it to the judging panel, so please would you vote every day for the duration of the contest. Thank you to every one who does this.

Currently this shark conservation project is in 29th position in the 50K-100K category. They need to get into the Top 10 to get to the next round. The project currently in 10th position already has twice as many votes (1380) and the contest ends in 7 days. So please vote every day and invite your friends to vote too. Thank you!

http://www.geerg.ca/index.html

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Done. According to the bit after I clicked, I can return and vote for it every day.
Yes, you can return every day and please do. At present this shark conservation project is in 29th position. It needs to get into the Top 10 to get into the next round. Please can I ask everyone on YD to atleast click this link once. It takes you through to the GREERG website and then you click on the Aviva Competition. Simples.

Jeffrey has been working with the Greenland Sharks in his spare time for years and he deserves a break. Thanks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good Morning All. Update time. In the last 24 hours there's been 300 clicks on the link Greenland Shark and Elasmobranch Education and Research Group and the project has leapfroged up the list from 29th to 24th place. Currently the project in 10th place has 2,373 votes, whilst this one has 1,129. Every vote counts, so please click again today. If this project wins it'll mean you can watch Greenland Sharks at the touch of a button. Many thanks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good Morning All. Update time. In the last 24 hours there's been 175 clicks on the link Greenland Shark and Elasmobranch Education and Research Group and the project has dropped down the list to 24th place. Currently the project in 10th place has 2,647 votes, whilst this one has 1,304. Every vote counts, so please click again today. If this project wins it'll mean you can watch Greenland Sharks live on your computers at lunch, on the train, or in the bath. Many thanks.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Isn't this the one that was getting the blame for corkscrew peeling seals?
I hadn't heard of this issue, however I've tracked down the following information for you. GEERG - Who is the Corkscrew Killer?

Update time. I am thrilled and delighted to write that this project has been Greenlit to go through to Round Two, so thank you everyone who supported this. Voting commences again with a clean slate on Monday 24th October and runs till Wednesday 9th November. Only the top ten projects with the most votes will make it to the Judging Panel. You have 17 votes, therefore you can vote every single day of the contest. Please do. The current winning project has 6863 votes. If every diver in the World votes for this once, we'll walk it, so please encourage your mates, dive buddies, partners, friends, colleagues, and everyone else you know to vote atleast once.

If this wins everyone of all ages can sit back and watch HD images of the Greenland shark and its North Atlantic habitat right at home, in schools and at various public institutions such as aquariums and museums. They're be nothing quite like it on the web. Yes, there are a few underwater webcams but none in this type of habitat or for such an elusive creature.

Here's the link Greenland Shark and Elasmobranch Education and Research Group

Many thanks again for helping it make Round Two.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update time.

The good news it that Jeffrey Gallant and the GREERG Shark Conservation Project is through to the final round of voting. *Hurrah*.

The bad news is that they are slightly less than 800 votes behind 10th place (the cut off point for winning $100,000 for shark conservation). Please YD, get voting and vote once a day until Friday and if you can get your wives, mothers, brothers, lovers and the cats aunt to vote to, so much the better! If this funding is secured it will mean that you can watch Greenland Sharks at the touch of a button via the world's first underwater shark cam.

Baie-Comeau Shark Conservation / Protection des requins | Aviva Community Fund

1 - 10 of 10 Posts