YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
No longer a Scapa Virgin
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to add another "whats the viz" thread but i'm off to Plymouth Fri, Sat and Sun and was wondering if I will be able to see my hand in front of my face?

Any help greatly appreciated :)

·
"Kite is right"
1,899 Posts
not too bad last weekend !!

http://www.yorkshire-divers.com/forums/planned-trips-spare-spaces/54429-weekend-venture-available-plymouth-3.html

--------------------
67 mins bottom time on the Rosehill at 31m with 11 mins deco. Viz was 1 to 8m. nice dive, but a bit murky.

Then onto the Egan Layne, 60 mins bottom time at 20m. Lovely wreck with btter viz (possibly upto 10m), loads of life and cracking dive.

finished day off with a quick 20min scallop run and yep, very tasty
---------------------

ash

·
Long time no sea
710 Posts
had dropped (last night - SE of Mewstone) to 6m which is still not bad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Off down to plymouth this weekend do some wreck diving with the club so thought i would give this thread a lil bump gona do the scylla, JEL etc so if anyone knows what the vis is like at the mo then spill the beans or peas if pea soup is on the menu :)

·
"Kite is right"
1,899 Posts
apparantly rosehill, scylla, elk were about 3m this weekend just gone and it was Very Very lumpy !!

glad I was at home gardening and drinking !! :teeth:

ash

·
No longer a Scapa Virgin
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We did an unknown wreck (?trawler Yeald) on Sat Viz 5mtr and Cannonball Alley as second dive with Viz at 9mtr, Sunday we did JEL which had Viz at about 3 outside but much better inside, then back to Cannon ball with Viz at 7mtr.

You're right about "Choppy" seas though:eek:mg: hence the easy sites! good weekend though!

·
Mark Milburn
4,076 Posts
I hate to contradict anyone but I thought the sea was quite flat on Sunday!!

Vis wasn't too bad either, here's a pic of the Scylla

·
No longer a Scapa Virgin
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice photo mate

I can't put up a comparison from JEL as i only shot video and macro on sunday, i would agree that whilst drifting around the dive sites the sea was pretty calm but motoring between them it was definately choppy!

Glad you had a good day, who were you diving with? We were with Roger on Excaliber!

·
Mark Milburn
4,076 Posts
We went out on Doug's boat from Aquanauts, there were places where it was a little choppy on the way in and out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts