YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... Time for a new thread....

While there are lots of things that I like about the APOC... I do feel that the POD(S) are somewhat exposed for overhead diving be it in a wreck or cave. Note at this time I am using the [email protected] pod with HH/Rev D/Hud and a shearwater.

With that I am considering what may be an appropreate way to provide some level of protection for them.

I am considering to at a bar to the case similar to the rEvo...

http://www.revo-rebreathers.com/uploads/productenitems/flyer_revoIII_PDF_klein.pdf

Wondering if anyone else had been thinking this through also....

Dive Safe

Mark

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mark, best choice may be to abandon the pod, go to the dumb elbows, and use a 3 cell holder inserted thru a (new) P-Port installed in the inhale CL. That's how the beta test chassis with the Laguna controller is set up. Works a champ. Cleaner than the pods and all wiring can be routed internally to desired exit points. Laguna controller is super, BTW.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dave,

Thanks for the note and comments... I am pretty well past that... I have simply raised the position of the tanks and gone to faber 19ths... The [email protected] pod solution is excellent... I have played with cells in the CLs but definately prefer the reading stability of the cells in the pod. I then have HH electronics.. Rev D in a pretty sweet setup... I really need to take some pictures and get them posted.

Dive Safe... Mark....

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello Dave,

Does that mean you dive yr Apoc not with the pods at all ??
Or are you , just like many of us, waiting the for the iCCR monitor 'upgrade' ?

safe diving,

Ivan
Mark, best choice may be to abandon the pod, go to the dumb elbows, and use a 3 cell holder inserted thru a (new) P-Port installed in the inhale CL. That's how the beta test chassis with the Laguna controller is set up. Works a champ. Cleaner than the pods and all wiring can be routed internally to desired exit points. Laguna controller is super, BTW.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I *dive* a Meg and a rEvo...

I *dove* a prototype Apoc chassis for a season two summers ago (2010) with a beta-test [email protected] pod and a Laguna controller, and then re-prototyped it out with a self-made 3 cell holder in the inhale CL as a comparison to the pod. I also dove the same chassis with the iCCR pod installed for a short period of time before returning it, as it was not my property but was on loan.

Reason for the cells in the counterlung: The original [email protected] pod was dimensionally "off" and the fit into the connector port was poor (was too loose a fit), thus the self-made 3 cell solution. I ought to change it out to a production one and re-assess. It's a pretty low priority for me these days to play with this stuff though, my mission these days is to dive more and work less.

I'm not "waiting" for anything, whatever arrives in the post "when it arrives" will be greeted with interest. I am "absolutely delighted" with my Megs, and "nearly completely satisfied" with my rEvo, and have a ton of other rigs gathering dust ranging from LAR-V to CIS Mk-5p and a "Stack-O-Mark-15's", so the iCCR pods are just not anything I am waiting for with any urgency. Yes, I want to play with them as a study of technology.... so when they come, they come. Will they come? Yeah... I think so. Some day.... probably.

I have no plans to be a regular contributor here or elsewhere forum-wise, I only answered Mark's post as he's a personal friend. In retrospect I ought to have done so via a phone call and not posted here. The entire APOC "Internet Forum Thing" has caused too many real world relationships to sour, for reasons that I simply do not understand. In any event, it's back to lurking mode now for me: enjoy the circus.

Best,

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts