YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rob Evans @ July 14 2003,14:52)]Erk - ignore this - still figuring out how to attach a JPEG to the mail
I think you missed the B.

Nil points for style so far.

I typed this with a French accent - why doesn't it look like it ?

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Thank you for that witty and informative response Mr Finless.
Do you have any particular method with which I can attach a JPEG to a post, or are you just on a mission to split my sides?
As for French - remember, Moules is fishy stuff not chicken and chips.

I give in, look at this little lot.

The caption WAS.....

In the absence of either a ladder or a tail-lift on the vessel, Robin attempted to pole-vault aboard. With painful results.

http://www.ambientpressurediving.com/pureinsp1.html

I'm about half-way down the page.

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

Rob,

Given the hugh gap in our relative experience I wouldn't dare to take the piss!

That is quality technique! Respect!

·
23,946 Posts
Imported post

Throbbin,

Did you mean like this?  

In the absence of a ladder or tail-lift on the vessel Robin attempted to pole-vault his way back on, with painful results.

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

Caption: Divers get Lottery Grant for new yellow bit of plastic  

Looks like you all had a good time falling off boats Rob

Adrian

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Kind of backward roll combined with giant stride

or as we like to call it,

Arse over tit...

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

Ah, you're a follower of the style?  I personally call it the 'Plummet', though 'Muppet' seems to be what everybody else thinks  

All those divers and only one Inspiration between them - you'd think people would take the trouble to get organised for a gig like that wouldn't you?

·
23,946 Posts
Imported post

I thought the higher pitch to your voice was due to the helium you have been breathing recently. Now I know it is down to your splits entry technique.

If we could be sure that was as painful as it looks I'm sure everyone would find it even funnier (like when a cricketer cops one right in the danglies - much hilarity and v/little sympathy, esp from his own team mates).

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (daz @ July 14 2003,20:15)]Kind of backward roll combined with giant stride

or as we like to call it,

Arse over tit...
Hey Rob,

Quality dude. Nice caption there by Chasey  

And Daz, the correct name for this seldom-seen, yet masterfully enacted manouvre (thankfully captured here for us diving plebs on film in order that we may learn from it) is 'Pike with Luttz, combined with Salco & half-twist, resolving itself into a Pas de deux' where Rob is obviously looking for his dance partner. I think that explains things........

Well in Rob mate - dive safe. Looks like you had a top day out.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Imported post

Hmmm. well the next time Mr Chase sticks his 2nd stage in his gob and notices the strange salty taste... he'll know I'm lurking on the boat somewhere. Still, made me laugh my tits off for a little while anyway.
Twas a top weekend, loads of dives, loads of laffs & next year's event's going to be enormous.  Did I tell you about the loudmouth who got the sh!ts on his deco stop and no-one would undo his suit till we got back to Plymouth?  I'll leave it at that, but people still don't like to get too near him on the boats even now..  And it wasn't me. I just settled for comedy get-off-the-boats and freezing the jewels off cos I didn't wear a hood. Double 'ard?  Possibly.  Stoopid?  Definitely.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts