YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am looking to get one of these Polar Bear hoods. Does anyone already have one and if so, what do you think to the fit, size, and of course, warmth?

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
218 Posts
Had one for a year or so and still use it for preference out of 3 or 4 others so that must be OK.

As you well know get the right size - mine has a slight tendency to fill with gas although that could well be a technique problem on my part.

As for being warmer who would know - it is warm when you sit in front of the telly with it on and you get cold in a quarry after a while - a good while.

It is well made and looks like a quality item.

·
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Well I got around to ordering one and it arrived today. I ordered a medium and it is a bit hard to get on but once on it fits very snugly, so I guess it is OK. I would prefer a bit more of a looser fitting but I think the next size up would overdo it. Does anyone know if the 8mm Rubatex will stretch a little over time, or is there a way I can stretch it myself?

It is a great hood BTW, really does seem a quality piece of work. Should keep my head warmer than those paper thin DUI hoods I have used so far.

Andy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts