& You have seen who they are ;-)

Thats why i'm training the Col maniac to carry my new twin 15's

Andy

·
Registered
246 Posts
Imported post

Hey I got enough problems carring just my single 15
who`s going to make the coffee if im carrying ur kit???  

Tony

·
Not as tall in real life
3,947 Posts
Imported post

They are a great idea for shallow to moderate depths depending on SAC.

There are quite a few posts on ponies in the equipment forum,  if you click on the search button at the top, select equipment forum in the list, select posts and or topics titles, type pony and then at the bottom select search from "This year" and newer it should give you quite abit of reading.

Daz

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,000 Posts
Imported post

Beef
welcome by the way, I use one as I am Padi AOW which qualifies me to 30m and I reckon that will suffice for that depth. It should be seen as single diver redundancy only though, so both buddy pairs should have their own redundancy. I use a 3l 232 bar job, some use 300 ones.
In my views essential minimum kit in UK waters.
Matt

·
wibble
11,296 Posts
Imported post

I have got a pony, and have never used it as a pony, just as a stage cylinder.  I have dived with a pony in my sweet and innocent try anything once days, and hated it - i was lopsided all through the dive.  
In my experience they are only of use if you are willing to use it.  I have had one buddy do the "out of air" signal when i had a stop to do, and she had a full pony!  
I prefer the twins, why carry all that extra air and never plan to use it ( i know some people do, but most guys dont in a normal dive).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.