YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Wreck Ferret 1
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys and Girls, we have a planned dip in the sea for tomorrow out of Newhaven on MacD we dived Brighton pier Friday and did a drift along the coast after vis was an issue 1-2 meters in places, so i was wondering if anyone had been out this weekend and could recommend a site with reasonable depth and reasonable vis?

I will of course post a report after the dive tomorrow.

Ron

·
Registered
147 Posts
bad viz

hey up ron , can,t tell you where the viz is at ! but i can tell you where it isn,t . I took my rib out saturday off the east coast ( bridlington ) went out 15 miles in 30mtrs and got about half a mtr viz . maybe a bit early yet but hey a bad day at sea is better than a good day in a puddle ! Bob

·
Hopefully sunny
119 Posts
Just been on the Mulberry today with Wittering Divers for a shakedown of a new drysuit.
Viz was fantastic,around 8M in places.But the Mulberry is in 10M of water.
It was a superb way to start off the season,albeit a chilly one with the water temp around 10C.One guy on the RIB was in a wetsuit,and seemed totally fine with the temp.
Heard reports of rubbish viz yesterday on 'The Teapot',around 1 M apparently.

Marc

·
Wreck Ferret 1
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We did two dives above 10 meters on Friday and the vis was 1-2 meters which is not great but compared to what we have been getting this year it wasn't that bad, wanted to drop down to somthing a little deeper tomorrow but we will have to wait and see.

R

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
West Wales had perfect diving weather, sea state smooth, not a breath of wind.....but crap vis

2m or so most sites.

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
We had about 6m viz yesterday.

I could see the whole of the dance platform at Wraysbury. :D

Nothing to do with the fact that there was only about 15 people there :)

·
Nigel Hewitt
7,142 Posts
We had about 6m viz yesterday.
Virtually 5m on the Persania in mid-channel (ish)

That is after we ditched our first site as they were dredging for aggregate there.

·
Not many Mackerel but all a good size
1,298 Posts
Burton Bradstock off the beach Friday - Vis about 8metres. Super!

Seatown off the Beach Sunday - Vis about 5 metres! ( the best I have ever seen on this site).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts