YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
tell it like it is
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Saturday 4th of august a group from CUSAC dived the Port Napier & it went a little something like this…
YouTube - The ship wreck of the Port Napier WW2 mine layer

The viz on the wreck wasn’t as good as I have seen it in the past, but at around 6+ meters it was good enough for us.
The wreckage of the Port Napier is pretty easy & dare I say ‘safe’ to penetrate with caution. She lays on her starboard side with many of the portside plates removes so you can penetrate without being in an overhead environment.
There are of course many areas with overhead environments worth exploring to the more competent diver.
The maximum depth is around 22 meters at the stern on high tide; most of the diving is around the 18-meter depth range.
Think I have dived this wreck around 7+ times now & know my way around it pretty well, so I highly recommend it as an entry-level penetrative wreck dive.
Don’t let the sinister music put you off ;)

·
tell it like it is
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice Video. One of my favourite wrecks for what it is and for where it is.

what was the music?

Gary
the band are 'Death in Vegas' the track is 'Aisha'.
they were around in the 90's, one of the first rock bands to use electronic sounds.
i like them :teeth:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.