YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi all,

I've just had a couple of divers drop out of our Whitsun weekend in Porthkerris. The dives are hardboat based and it will cost 40 pounds per diver per day (2 dives per day) through Porthkerris divers themselves on the 29th and 30th of May. You'll need to source your own accomodation though but as far as I'm aware there are rooms available at the 3 tuns in the square at St. Keverne which is now run by Lisa of Porthkerris divers.

If you're interested please reply to this post telling me I have PM and I'll book you onto the boat.

Cheers all,

Noel

·
Registered
781 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Noel

hope you enjoy, but watch out for them.

We dived with them in 2002 and they're a bunch of cowboys. We had a diver with a hit back at the Tuns during be-brief, and when we rung up for O2 advice etc.

We were told that it wasn't an abnormal ascent or any in water problem and not to worry, someone would be along as soon as they'd finished filling cylinders.

Ended up calling the part-time fire brigade out to get O2 as we only had nitrox. Porthcerris turned up 45 minutes later as the ambulance arrived and said quote "oh well you won't need us now"

Personally I'd never dive with them again or recommend them. The launch of boat and equipment is a dodgy affair that involves walking down a shingle beach and along a temporary pontoon moved by a tractor. You load your gear on to the trailor and he backs down to the hardboat.

Take your own O2.  

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

s'funny really 'cos I've dived with them lots - and I mean lots - and have always found them to be a very professional outfit, o2 on all the boats and easily to hand and everyone I've recommended them to has gone on to do the same to thier friends.

I'll put you two down as a no then shall I?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Imported post

I dived with them last August and all that was missing was the stetsons and their spurs.  

Everything was geared towards 'making it back for the tides' when in actual fact it was geared around making it back to take out a second party fishing.  As a result they were very keen to put everyone back in with very short surface intervals.  Not at all what I would regard as value for money.  

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.